Created To Kill

Nikki's POV

     It's dusk I watch Nina take to the pavement she wears a sundress Mick bought for her but no shoes. I put the rental car in gear and follow from a distance. She moves quickly but with an assurance like she knows nothing out here could match her. I watch her quicken her pace she's so focused on her objective she doesn't seem to notice me following her. She slows as she reaches a part of town where the buildings are wore down. I guess this was a good place for her to hunt unfortunately no one really notices when people disappear from places like this. She skirts around people searching then her whole demeanor changes. She appears to be frightened and helpless. Nina heads into a nearby park. I park the car and follow her. I stop and watch  another man is following her too. They are both so involved in their cat and mouse game neither notices me. We are all out of sight of anyone from the street when I see him pull a knife. She acts like she's going to run. He lunges. She turns and catches him effortlessly in her arms. They fall to the ground wrestling. In moments she pins him and exposing his neck bites down. He struggles to free himself. She just grasps him tighter. I hear the grisly sound of his neck snapping. He goes limp. She still has him by the neck as she pulls him under the water of the pond she had lead him to. I come out of hiding and wait. She walks out of the pond like a beautiful nymph or a creature from a horror movie. I can't really decide which. She notices me and cocks her head.
    "He liked to do really bad things." She says. I guess I got my answer. Not saying a thing I take her hand and lead her back to the car. I open the passenger door for her. The rental company isn't gonna like the wet seat. Going to my side I get in start it up and head back to the hotel. On the way I let the top down which my little monster seems to like. She smiles at me which makes me melt.  God am I crazy I just watched her break a man's neck.
   "So is that the normal prey?" I ask.
   "Yes." She says. "Cicero my sire says that God created vampire to punish man's evil and arrogance.
   "Oh really?" I laugh
   "Everyone needs some type of purpose don't you think." She giggles. We reach the the hotel. I pull in and park. I lead her to my room Mick is there and begins to fuss over her making her shower and brush her teeth. She now sits in Mick's lap all pretty as he pulls the tangles out of her long black hair. I lounge on the bed  watching her with Mick. Him cooing over her sharing kisses and of course blood. Not sure about the Daddy, baby girl thing they have going on. But I'm glad I'm not the only madman around here. I continue to study her she's like the perfect photo. She was caught just at that moment between childhood and womanhood. I can't help but respond to the woman she could have been.
    "Where's your wife?" She asks.
    "She went home earlier something came up with our son." She smiles. I don't think she is unhappy about it. I just roll my eyes. Before I realize it she's beside me on the bed making me jump. She holds out her wrist she has slashed open.
    "Drink Nikki." She grins. I don't even hesitant I pull her close and drink from her wrist. I play with her hair as I do, it's so soft. I haven't drank or got high since she got here. I guess I have a new habit.

Nina's POV

    Nikki lets go of my wrist but not of me. It makes me feel so happy. I sigh even after the thing in the park and feeding from Mick I'm still hungry. I encircle Nikki with my arms and pull him close I nuzzle his neck teasing him with soft kisses and nips. I listen to him give out a tortured groan before I finally give in and sink my teeth into his skin. His blood floods my mouth it's so intoxicating. I take a few swallows and pull reluctantly away. He holds me tightly a moment longer before finally turning me loose. I look into his eyes they shine bright after ingesting my blood. I pull him close for cuddles and kisses, but he turns aways.
   "Go play, find something else to do. I need sleep." He growls and gives me a gentle shove. I crawl into bed with Mick I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I can't read his mind like I can Mick's. Mick likes to coddle and spoil me. What does Nikki want? Donna was right I do have a crush. But I'm a Vampire and he's human. I just want to be near him while I can. I pull my sketch book to me and begin to draw Nikki. He has rolled over and faces away from me. I sigh. I spend the rest of night drawing and just before dawn I crawl into the large trunk Nikki and Mick bought for me. I smile tomorrow is another concert.