It's Time To Let Go

Nikki's POV

    We're playing the Universal Amphitheater tonight. Then after I guess it's time to let our baby free. We've fulfilled our obligation to one another. Mick and I plan on driving her where she wishes to go. I'm not sure how the memory thing is going to be dealt with. Not even Cicero can get in my head. They can daze me, but I remember. I sigh. I don't want her to leave we've become lovers. It's like nothing I've ever felt before. Am I in love probably not. I know when I'm over the top infatuated though and I got it bad.

   Mick and I are busy getting ready for the show. I look down at my watch and realize the sun will be going down soon. We look at each other and head for his dressing room. The baby doesn't like to wake up alone. We try to accommodate her when possible. Once there We sit and chat while we wait. A noise catches my attention. She peeks out of the trunk all I can see is her red eyes as she checks out her surroundings.

    "Come out you're safe." I say and smile. She pushes the lid the rest of the way open. I watch her yawn and stretch. It's so adorable.

   "Ah I knew you would look so cute in that dress." Mick coos at her.

She comes and sits between us nuzzling up to Mick and then me.  Mick kisses her cheek. I pull her close and brush my lips against hers. She pulls away giggling and then skips out the door. I walk out the door planning to see if the set up is finished. I see Nina she is stocking. No no baby why would you risk it so close to the venue. I grab her arm and I'm about to make it a command. She puts her finger to my lips to shush me. She points in a man's direction. I realize he's following one of our back up singer/dancers out the back entrance. She has a cigarette in her hand and she's not paying attention to anyone as she heads out the door. The man is in quick pursuit. Nina rushes to follow the door slamming behind her. I hear a scream. I run to catch up. I need to stop her so we can call the cops. I stop in my tracks the scene before me is a mess. Nina has got the Bastard by the neck. No stopping her now she's to far gone her eyes glowing red with blood lust and anger. She growls as she feeds crushing bones in the process. I reach for the girl trying to console her. I hear the thud as Nina drops the body and slowly approaches us. She tips the girls head back.

      "Isn't it lucky Nikki came out when he did." Nina says softly. "Scared that creep off."

      Nina looks at me.

     "Take her inside Nikki."

     She turns and picks up the body then she's gone. I look over at where the body was not a bit of blood spilled for the violence I had just witnessed.

     Another show over. I'd seen Nina in the audience sneaking snacks. I groan I know she's playing with my fellow musicians right now as I wait in my dressing room for her. I'm a little jealous I can't help it even though I know she doesn't fuck them. She finally comes skipping into the room Mick in tow.

     "Nikki it's time to take her to her family." Mick sighs. He looks as sad as I feel. She crawls into my lap and kisses me softly.

    "I will miss you Nikki." She says sweetly.

     "I will miss you too." I cuddle her to me. She sinks her teeth into my skin and I moan. Easing away she scratches her neck and allows me to drink. I savor it it's the last time.

    She directs us to one of the ran down parts of town I pull over to park. We  get out and out of the darkness appears 13 pairs of red eyes. She turns to Mick and pulls out a necklace.

    "You need to wear this, Cicero has placed you under his protection." She says softly and puts it around his neck.  "The stone is made from mine and Cicero's blood." She kisses him goodbye.

    She pulls out a ring and slides it on my right ring finger.

     "The same goes for you Nikki." She whispers. "But you should know something, our bond goes deeper. When I'm in danger you will know. If I pass from this life you will know. I will feel you too."

     She kisses me deeply. Then she dances away. Her family come out to greet her. William glances at me and gives me a filthy look. He claims her once more with a hard and hungry kiss. We watch as they slink back into the darkness from which they came. I think I hear the song Paint It Black playing in the distance. I look down at my ring and see the words etched on it ~Till Death Do Us Part~

I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black -The Rolling Stones