Taken

It was a good hunt. I usually hunt alone. But my family wanted my help to handle a gang problem. The gang was causing us grief. Some of the members needed to disappear so we made them disappear. Now I'm headed for home. I sigh with everything happening I haven't spent as much time with Dorian and Ruby as I want to. They are such a joy. I can't think of life without them. I need to hurry before their bed time. I take to a run. As I hit the last stretch I sense a presents. It's Set I can't lead him to my human family. I take off for the direction of the coven. I must have been fooling myself that I could out run him. He comes from behind and snatches me. Struggling I kick, claw, and bite. He is just amused.

"Let me go father. I want to go to my mates and babies." I ask sweetly. I don't show him any fear.

"No little one. You are going to be mine." He grins delightedly. "We can retrieve your child later. Right now lets get to know each other."

"I already belong to others." I state.

"Not for long." He corrects. "Your mate isn't strong enough to fight me."

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"I know how far your mind can reach. You will know when we get there." He chuckles.

We are traveling so fast I can barely make out what we are passing. I lay limp against his shoulder there is no fighting him. But I have been sending a sos since he grabbed me. I hope Cicero and Imhotep can figure a way to free me.

Nikki's POV

I heard her call for help. He has her. I feel helpless. A knock sounds at the door. I answer it's Imhotep and Cicero. Their faces show their distress. I let them in.

"I don't know how we are going to get her back." Cicero admits right away.

"Set has always fought for want he wants and he has decided he wants Nina." Imhotep adds.

"Why her?" I slump into a chair.

"He's her progenitor. He thinks he has the right above all others and he's a selfish prick." Imhotep answers.

"What can I do?" I ask in desperation.

"I have a plan. You need to know somethings first. My father, my progenitor Osiris fought a war with Set it involved their vampire and human families. Osiris fought for humanity. Set thought mortals were nothing but cattle. My father thought differently. Finally it came down to the first ones. They fought till only Osiris and Set were strong enough to continue. Osiris was triumphant but he was weakened he went to ground soon after. I took what was left of Set and dumped him in the deepest ocean. I had hoped he was dead. I should have burned him but his daughter had begged for mercy and I was persuaded." He sighs. "Nikki you are going to have to bring your grievance to the oldest of us to Osiris and Isis. They are the only ones with the power to make him give up his prize."

"How Imhotep? Where are they? Will they even listen to a mortal?" I question.

"I know where they are. They isolate themselves deep within a cave in the earth. Nikki you won't be approaching them as a human you will once again join our kind temporarily." He smirks.

I eye him warily the first time wasn't a picnic in the park.

Cicero's eyes go distant.

"It doesn't seem like anyone will have to go to find them. They are coming out of seclusion and straight for our coven house." Cicero groans. "They must have felt Set rise."

"Well let's go greet our parents." Imhotep grins. He pulls out a syringe. "Are you ready Mr. Sixx."

"No but if you're sure this is necessary. I'll do anything to get Nina back." I answer.

Once again we kneel before ancient ones. The first ones Cicero had explained. Osiris and Isis enter through the door in a stately manner. They dress much as they would have when they had ruled in Egypt many ages ago. Gold jewelry adorn their body a beautiful contrast to Ivory skin. Osiris's eyes immediately fall on me.

"You wish to have your wife returned to you." he questions.

"Yes." I answer and give him a bemused look. He smiles.

"I hear everything that my children are up to Mr Sixx. In my long years I am the closest being to a god that I have come across." he chuckles. "But don't worry I don't have a god complex and Imhotep's little parlor trick wasn't necessary. I know of your humanity."

I watch Imhotep shuffle his feet in discomfort.

"I should never try to fool you Father." he smiles sheepishly.

I wonder how close they are related father and mother are sometimes an honorary title. Osiris takes a seat with his wife at his side and motions everyone else to also. Sitting next to Cicero I wait for the first one to speak.

"I will try a diplomatic approach first. My Brother is only looking for someone of this time to help him acclimate. I don't want to fight or start a war over this. We are so much stronger now it would cost to many lives vampires and humans would be collateral damage." He sighs. If only we had something to offer as enticing as your darling Nina.