epilogue

Nikki's POV

  It's been six months since I've been turned. It's hard to hunt even if the people I kill are deranged. I hate that I can't see Courtney and my kids. Cicero won't leave me completely alone either. He's afraid I might off myself. The Grand Council decided I needed something to do so my new job is to watch out for a bunch of immortal children. Most of them are older than me. When I'm not busy with that I walk the streets a lot at night. Like I'm doing right now.

"Damn you look a hell of a lot like Nikki Sixx did when he was younger. I miss him. I was a fan for a long time." a grey haired guy says.

"He was old and probably ready to go and hey maybe I'm one of his by blows." I chuckle at my own joke.

"Ya you could be right on both accounts." He chuckles along with me. "We need to celebrate his life and everything he left behind for us, not mope around any way. Don't you think.

"I'm sure he would appreciate that." I smirk. He goes back to work and I continue my nightly walk wondering what I should do with eternity.

  I head towards the LA coven house Cicero said he had a surprise for me. I push open the heavy wooden door. There are a lot of us here tonight. I look around searching for Cicero and Nina. The LA council has decided that the immortal children are now allowed at the coven house. I had helped that policy along. It made it easier for me to keep an eye on them if they are sleeping here. I finally spot my friend. Beside him stands three other vampires. At first I can't believe my eyes. It's Vince, Tommy, and Mick They are young again in appearance like me. I rush over to them. We hug and laugh.

"Damn Nikki, what took you so long?" Tommy pops off and punches my shoulder playfully.

"Hmm he had a little vampire baby keeping him alive. I'm kinda jealous." Vince chuckles.

"I've missed you Nikki." Mick smiles. It's good to see him standing straight and pain free. I give Cicero a questioning look.

"Well when Nefertiti decides she wants the whole set. She gets the whole set." He shrugs. Imhotep likes to keep his wife happy. I don't hate Imhotep and Nefertiti, but I'm still pissed. This is not a life I would have chosen. (Sigh)

I notice the small stage is set up for tonight. One of my basses is there, a banner reads Motley Crue. I chuckle the extra vampires are here to see us reunite on stage. My band mates pull me onto the stage. I pick up my bass. Mick picks up his guitar, Tommy gets behind his drums, Vince takes the mic. We look at each other and grin. We come alive again with Live Wire. The crowd goes wild. This might not be for eternity. It does feel good right now. We play most of the night. After we talk with each other and other musicians. Later I finally excuse myself. I want to find Nina. 

I find Nina cuddled with William and the other children dosing. Yes the little runt is back. I growl a little then I swoop in and steal my Nina back. She giggles and kisses my lips. I have one of my wives, but I miss Courtney. I don't know what I'll do when I hear of her death. I don't think she would follow me into this life. Then I think of my children and I want to weep. Nina distracts me with another kiss. She knows I need her. I hold her tight and take her downstairs to the coffin we share.

   "I love you my vampire baby." I whisper in her ear.