-Chapter 6-

I tossed and turned in my bed in anticipation about today

I tossed and turned in my bed in anticipation about today. My sister was coming and I didn't know how to feel about it. Not in the slightest.

Queen was always the favorite daughter. The nicer one, the more generous, the funnier one. I had been compared to her for the better half of my life and I wasn't excited for it to be happening here.

Especially with Felix.

I turned in my bed to face the sexy man that was still lying in my bed, still dead asleep after our fun last night. His beautiful white hair almost appeared to disappear into the white pillow and I wanted to reach out and touch him.

I blushed as I thought about our passionate night for the hundredth time today and smiled to myself. Felix and I had been secretly seeing one another for years now, and I had fallen madly in love with him.

I was devastated when I found out I would be marrying Syn instead of him. I loved Felix and I wanted nothing more than for him to be my king.

"Stop staring at me," he muttered as he peeked open one of his eyes.

"I'm not staring," I said as I lowered myself and kissed his forehead.

He sat up and smiled down at me, "Sure, you aren't." He stretched and got up from the bed. My toes curled as I saw his naked body in the daylight. Felix was the most handsome man I had ever seen and I was completely enamored by him when I first saw him.

"Where are you going?" I pouted. "Come back to bed."

"Your sister is coming. We must get ready," he said as he put his clothes back on.

My smile dropped at the mention of my sister, and any lingering thoughts of what we could do if he laid back down were crushed. I wondered if Felix would think she was better than me like most people did. Would he see her as a reflection of what I could be? Or would he still see me as the center of his universe as he would always say?

Queen never personally made me feel inferior. She would always compliment me and encourage me to be my best seIf...but what did that matter when it felt like dirt compared to my parents' affirmations?

They spoiled me as a child, but when Queen came along and wanted nothing from them but attention, the comparisons began. I didn't know what I would do if Felix began doing the same thing they did.

"Am I your favorite girl in the world?" I asked.

He glanced at me and shook his head, a small smile appearing on his lips. "Why are you asking me this?" He asked.

Why didn't you answer?

"Just curious," I said and tilted my head at him.

He walked towards me and kissed the tip of my nose. "You're silly."