-Chapter 139-

3 Months Later

3 Months Later

After Syn's death, I didn't know how to live anymore. He and I were never close but he took a large part of my heart with him when he died. I spent months trying to cope but it was hard, especially since I didn't have Lucifer anymore.
He left me after Syn's death since I couldn't bring myself to let him kill Felix. Lucifer was desperate enough for justice that he even begged me to give Felix jail time, but I couldn't do it. Syn was no longer with me so I needed Felix in my life or I'd go insane. Besides, there was no proof ever found that Felix was involved.

"Mother." My eyes snapped up in Felix's direction and he smiled at me from across the table. "You should eat," he said as he gestured towards my untouched plate.
I looked down at my breakfast and sighed as I picked up the fork. Slowly, I ate, not because I was hungry, but because I didn't need him to worry.

Xyla was humming a tune while on her phone as if she didn't have a care in the world. The death of Queen's child did nothing to her, if anything I'd say she was happy for some reason. The both of them did get what they wanted after all.

"What are you doing today, mother?" Felix asked.

"Today is Syn's will reading," I replied.

He dropped his utensils and looked up at me. "Were we not invited?" he asked humorously as he glanced at Xyla who was now paying attention to the conversation.

"Why would you need anything from his will?" I asked in a dry tone, not hiding the edge in my voice. "You both already took the throne. What more do you want?"

"I'd watch my tongue if I were you, mother," he replied, his lips curling into a smirk.

I gripped my utensil and fought the urge to talk back to him which was increasing. After becoming King, Felix had become an arrogant and cocky person that I didn't know. I knew it was bound to happen- faults of having so much power, but I didn't think it'd come so soon.

"Will Queen be there?" Xyla asked curiously.

"I don't know."

"Aren't the two of you best friends?" She pressed.

"I haven't spoken to her in a while," I answered truthfully. Queen didn't want to speak to me either and she said it was because I "sided with Felix and Xyla". I didn't think it was fair and I tried reaching out to her multiple times, but she never answered. I wished she and I could've mourned together. She was the only one who could've related to my loss on a different level. She lost a child as well.

Xyla tried to speak again, but I pushed my chair back and stood up. "I'm leaving now. It starts in one hour. Goodbye." I bowed slightly and rushed out of the room. I scurried to the entrance of the palace and was greeted by Sergio.