-Chapter 79-

I moved away from Cole's touch and he grinned down at me

I moved away from Cole's touch and he grinned down at me. "Are you here to kidnap me?" I asked.

"First of all darling, you came to my club. Secondly, must we use the kidnap word?" He asked smugly. His accent would've been charming if he hadn't done what he did.

"It's what you did, so yeah," I said dryly as I turned to him. "But why?"

He looked into my eyes but made no move to answer my question. I turned back to the drink in my hand and rolled my eyes as he continued looking me up and down. "I believe I owe you a dinner," he said.

"You actually owed me a trip to your shop."

He laughed at my joke and grinned. "What can I say, sweetness? I'm a bad liar."

I scoffed at him and downed the remaining liquid in the glass. I needed the drink to calm my nerves right now.

"Let's have dinner."

"Let's not."

"I wasn't asking." A grin remained on his face, but his eyes were threatening. He pointed toward Cleo, Caspian, and Xavier on the dance floor and I looked in their direction. "There are several guards on that floor, one word from me and they're dead."

My eyes spotted the scattered men in black suits surrounding them all as they danced completely aware of the danger around them. As strong as they were, the three of them alone couldn't take on almost ten men. I took a shaky breath and turned back to him.

"Text them and tell them you'll be stepping out," he said. With a breath to relax, I typed Xavier a text message.

Me: I'm not feeling well. I'm going to go get some air.
10:57 p.m.

"Before you send it, let me see," he said. I rolled my eyes and held the phone to his face, letting his eyes scan it. After a few seconds, he nodded to show me he was satisfied and I sent it.

"Let's go," he said as he grabbed my phone and slid it into his pocket. Grabbing my hand he led me out of the club through a back exit. I practically ran behind him in my heels to keep up, but he didn't seem to care. As we left the club we ended up in an alley and I froze as I thought about what he was going to do.

"Are you going to hurt me?" I asked.

He looked down at me and grinned. "Not today if you do everything I say. I don't want to hurt you, Queen. I actually like you quite a bit."

Yuck.

"Follow me," he said.

He walked ahead of me and I followed behind him as we emerged from the alley into a busy street. We walked along the crowded sidewalk for a few minutes until he pulled me into a small restaurant.

When we walked inside he directed us towards a table and snapped his fingers for a server. He ordered us both drinks when the waitress came and I held my hand in my lap nervously. When the server left he picked up the menu and looked at it casually- like he didn't force me here.