-Chapter 65-

"Here, buddy

"Here, buddy. Keep walking." Caspian led me to the outside patio of the restaurant and I ran a hand through my hair. I didn't mean to let myself go off the rails like I did, but just seeing the smug look on Felix's face after the lies he told...I couldn't let him ruin my girl's credibility when I knew she wouldn't have lied to me like that. Sometimes she was questionable, but the things he said didn't add up. Her reaction to his words only confirmed what I had believed to be true. "Let's sit down."

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and sent a glare at him. "What's your aim here?" I asked him. "You think I'm going to put in a good word for you with Xavier?"

"Although I deserve it, no." He dragged out one of the chairs at an empty table and sat down. His arm reached for something in his jacket and I remained alert. I didn't know him nor trust him. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and shook them before looking up at me. "Would you happen to have a lighter?"

I blew out a breath, watching as it came out as a white cloud in the cool air, and shoved my hand into my pocket. "You came out here to smoke?"

"It's been a stressful night." He sighed. "I came out here to save your relationship, but I figured this would take the edge off. For the both of us. You're kind of an asshole and smoking together makes people bond."

"I don't want to bond."

"Oh come on," he said. "Xavier, Queen, and your mother seem to be the only people in the world who can stand you. Wouldn't it be nice to have a name as sexy as mine added to that list?"

I scoffed, looking around to find cameras for the joke he had to have been playing on me. "Seriously? You punched me twice and expect me to want to be friends with you."

"First of all, I punched you to get your attention," he corrected me. "Second, we don't need to be friends, to be honest. I just want to smoke. We don't even have to talk."

I sighed, giving in to the request. If anyone needed to take the edge off, it was definitely me. My body was still shaking with rage and everything in me was trying to go back to Queen...even though she didn't want me around. That's how badly I screwed up. She couldn't even look at me...

I took a seat on the chair across from Caspian and passed him the silver lighter in my pocket. He lit a cigarette, placing it between his lips before passing me the pack. I did the same as he did, and we sat in silence as he promise-

"Does your girl let you smoke?"

"What happened to us not having to talk?"

"You don't have to speak, but I will be asking the questions passing through my mind." He laughed. "So does she?" I remained quiet, opting for his prior offer of silence and continued taking a drag of the cigarette. "My wife hates it. When she catches me...end of the world level arguments take place-"

"Good for you..."

"I only do it because of that reaction." He smiled. "Smoking wouldn't be the same if there wasn't the threat of her killing me lingering in the air."