-Chapter 58-

I stepped through the dark portal as Syn had and my heel landed on the concrete sidewalk

I stepped through the dark portal as Syn had and my heel landed on the concrete sidewalk. Even after all the portals I had been in on my stay here, they still made me dizzy. I blinked, letting the swaying street in front of me still, and took a deep breath. "This is the address Xavier gave me," Syn mumbled, his eyes scanning the buildings around us.

"Syn!" Our attention turned to Xavier as he waved at us from the door of a restaurant across the street.

Syn clicked his tongue as he grabbed my hand and led me across the street to the door. My heart pounded as whoever was inside would be seeing us like this; holding hands and color coordinating our outfits. No one besides Xavier and Genesis knew we were together so I was anxious about who would be finding out tonight.

I should've been more apprehensive about it and stepped away from Syn, but I didn't have the energy to do it anymore. Tonight, I was borrowing from Syn's 'I don't give a shit' attitude.

His grip on my hand loosened as we reached the door and I tightened my hold on him, making him look down at me. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

He nodded, adjusting his hold back onto my hand and Xavier grinned at us. "Look at the happy couple!"

"Shut up," Syn grumbled. "You gave me the wrong address."

"It was across the damn street," Xavier defended himself.

"You-" I gently grabbed Syn's arm with my free hand and ushered him through the glass doors before he and Xavier could get into an argument. The sibling-like arguments between the two were adorable, but they lasted years.

My eyes landed on Genesis who was wearing her same red gown from earlier, and I sent her a smile. She was probably one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen and it wasn't hard to tell where Syn had gotten his looks. Her eyes were almost identical to his and her striking black hair was obviously a trait passed down to him.

She conversed with a girl who seemed to work here and when she saw us, she flashed us a bright smile before holding her finger up. Syn wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me against him as we waited for her to finish and I took a relaxing breath.

"Okay. Thank you, Ella. You can start bringing the food out in about twenty minutes. We're waiting for a couple of guests," she said. The girl nodded before disappearing through another set of see-through doors that led to what looked like a dining room. Gen looked at us, her smile slightly dropping as she noticed our clothes. "You guys changed? You got wet, didn't you?"

"Something like that," Syn muttered and I jabbed his side with my elbow.

Gen blew out a raspberry breath and buried her face in her hands. "It's all my fault."

"Do we look that bad?" I joked.

"No, you look amazing, sweetheart." She smiled. "I just should've checked the damn weather. I'm sorry you all had to go all the way home to change."