-Chapter 28-

I ran my hands down my face in frustration at the dozens of emails Vullons sent me about him and his colleagues' multiple theories and hypotheses about what would come of my "love affair" with Syn-as he called it

I ran my hands down my face in frustration at the dozens of emails Vullons sent me about him and his colleagues' multiple theories and hypotheses about what would come of my "love affair" with Syn-as he called it. Even emailing him back made me sick to my stomach. I used to love my work before he involved himself in every aspect of what I was doing. It'd only been a day of working with him and I was infuriated with how overbearing he was.

I adjusted the dress on my thigh as I crossed my legs and typed away on my computer. He sent me stupid questions about Syn-all to which I had no answers, but I had to bullshit it.

He was aware of my date with him tonight, and he reminded me multiple times to write an in-depth analysis of tonight and send it to him by six a.m.

Fuck my life. I buried my face into my hands and groaned. A knock sounded at my door, and I sat up, suddenly on high alert. I stood up, fixing the mini velvet dress as I walked to the door. When I opened the door, my eyes landed on Syn, and bit my tongue in an effort to keep my mouth from dropping.

His hands were shoved into the pockets of his jeans, his almost see-through white shirt showcasing the display of tattoos on his torso. I never imagined him as a leather jacket and jeans type of guy, but as I looked at him, my mouth watered.

Damn.

"Hey," I breathed out, clearing my throat as I looked back up at him.

"Hi," he said to me, "you ready?"

"Yes, let me just grab my...jacket." I closed the door and leaned against it, allowing myself to take a few deep breaths. I wished he wasn't so damn attractive. How was I supposed to work when I wanted to melt every time he looked at me?

I pushed my hair out of my face, quickly grabbed my purse and jacket, and left the room. "Where are we going?"

"I have no idea," he said. "I've never done this before and I figured you'd just tell me what you wanted to do."

I held back a small smile at the fact that I was the first person he was going on a date with, and I cleared my throat. "We can go anywhere?"

"Anywhere you want," he said.

I bit my lip, knowing exactly where I wanted to go and I looked up at him. "In that case, I need to change."

"Where do you want to go?"

"It's a surprise," I whispered, handing him my purse and jacket as I disappeared into my room.

꧁꧂

I clapped my hands and bounced in the seat excitedly as Syn pulled into the parking lot of the amusement park. After being so busy and miserable with work, this was what I needed. And who better to go with than the man who seemed like he needed to loosen up a bit. "Are you sure this is the place?" He lowered his head to look at the scene and I took note of the nervous gulp in his throat.