-Chapter 45-

I watched the movie, shedding tears as I stuffed my face with wings

I watched the movie, shedding tears as I stuffed my face with wings. This right here would've been the image of a woman needing serious help if I wasn't so happy. As crazy as I looked at this very moment, I'd never been so ecstatic. And it was all because of Syn. Despite the crazy shit happening during my stay here, he somehow made it all worth it.

A knock at the door made me wipe my hands with the napkin before turning down the television and walking towards the door. I frowned, not thinking Syn would be back so soon. He only left an hour ago, which was probably equivalent to three seconds in Hell.

I opened the door, surprise etching my features as I saw Felix looking down at me with a smile. "Queen," he bowed slightly. "May I come in? I'd like to speak to you."

I stepped aside, allowing him to walk inside as I frowned. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Word travels down through the palace quicker than you may think," he said, walking towards the table and gesturing at a chair. "May I?"

"Go ahead," I said. I walked around the oak table, holding on to the hem of the large shirt as I sat down in the chair across from him. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I just wanted to check in on you," he said. "I heard that he was keeping you here and I got worried. There was talk about you being here against your will."

"What?" I furrowed my brows. "That's not true. I want to be here."

"Has he placed some sort of demonic entrapment on you?" He whispered, grabbing my chin and moving my face around.

I moved my face away from him and sent a glare in his direction. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm just here because I care about you Queen, truly. You and I are the scraps, you know?" What? "Xyla and Syn are the ones that are going to get married and become King and Queen. What will be left of us?" he asked. "Have you thought about that?"

I frowned, rubbing his touch off of my face and shaking my head. "No," I admitted. These days I had been trying to live in the moment. I didn't want to waste my time worrying about dumb shit, I just wanted to be happy. Syn's reassurance was enough for me.

"What would you do if one day Syn woke up and decided he wanted to be with his wife?"

"Felix..."

"Think about it," he insisted. "There would be nothing you could do because his loyalties lie with his wife and his kingdom."

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because I have a proposition for you," he said.

"What?" He reached into his pocket, placing a black velvet box between us and I furrowed my brows. "What is it?"

"Open it," he insisted.

I let out a deep breath, hesitantly picking up the box and pulling the silk ribbon off of it. I opened the small jewelry box and my eyes widened as they landed on the huge diamond ring inside. "Marry me," he said.