-Chapter 96-

Hurting anybody wasn't on my agenda for today

Hurting anybody wasn't on my agenda for today. But seeing them so happy without any consequences of their past actions infuriated me. I couldn't be with my real parents because of Jonathan's selfishness. It wasn't helping that he wasn't being honest with me either.

Clearly, me asking him wasn't enough, so I had to up the ante and start hurting people. My big sister, who I used to love unconditionally and look up to, looked up at me with tear filled eyes. My heart pained a bit at the sight but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel a little bit good...

Regardless, I needed answers. Today.

Since Jonathan wasn't answering them when I was hurting him, maybe this would be more effective.

I ignored the prying eyes sitting at the table just watching this whole fiasco. This was the first time they had seen me like this and I knew it wasn't a pretty sight. Out of everyone at the table, the one person's stare who was devoid of pity and fear was Lucifer. He looked at the scene as if it was fascinating him.

I turned my focus back to my parents and sighed. "Answer the question, Jonathan."

He remained even more unmoving than he previously was and my sister looked at him with a frightened expression. "Dad, answer it!"

"I can't." He said more sternly.

She sobbed quietly and I shook my head. This would have to be a question I'd have to ask Lilith. If it were up to me I'd kill Jonathan right now, but she needed him for some reason.

"Drop the knife," I said as I stood up from my chair. "You're free to go."

I swiftly walked out of the room before I did something I'd truly regret. I needed to calm down and the first step to doing that was to get the hell away from them.

"Queen!"

I turned to see Xavier making long strides to come to my side and I slowed down. "Hey." I smiled nervously.

He grinned down at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I'm fucking hungry."

I looked at him dumbfounded and shook my head. "You don't want to talk about anything that just happened?"

"Nah." He said. "I just want-"

"Milkshakes and cheese fries, I know," I said in a sarcastic tone.

He squeezed my shoulders tighter causing me to involuntary groan as he laughed. "Let's go change first."

"Agreed," I muttered.

We continued the long walk to our rooms and I noticed Xavier glance at me multiple times. Whenever I'd look at him he looked away and we began this awkward dance until I completely stopped walking.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Just wondering," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wondering what?"