-Chapter 41-

I sat at the table in the dining room, watching Queen as she carefully maneuvered through the glass on the floor to make her way toward me

     I sat at the table in the dining room, watching Queen as she carefully maneuvered through the glass on the floor to make her way toward me. The windows in the room were open, inviting in the sunlight that allowed me to see her in all her glory. My black shirt hung down to the midpoint of her thighs and her hair was in a beautiful mess on her head.

A smile showcasing her dimples was on her face as eyed the floor and I couldn't take my eyes away from her. I never liked the word luck since I didn't believe it existed, but as I looked at her, I couldn't think of another word. I was lucky.

"I made you breakfast," she sang as she placed the tray down in front of me.

"Is it good?" I eyed the plate of eggs and bacon, picking up the fork on the tray.

"Probably not." She smiled, planting herself on my lap. "I can't cook, but I tried my best." I wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close before taking a scoop of the eggs and putting it in my mouth.

A sharp taste of salt slapped my senses as I ate the eggs, but with her eyes on me expectantly, I chewed through the disgust. "Mmm." I held a thumbs up.

"Yay!"

I ate the entire plate, holding back a gag at the somehow salty toast. I downed the orange juice, hoping that it would wash away everything I tasted, and when I was done, I set it down and relaxed into the seat. The pain was all worth it as she grinned at me and clapped for herself. "You did good, Princess."

"Thank you! If you want I can start making you breakfast every mor-"

"No!" I responded quickly, making her smile drop. "I mean, I can make you breakfast. You should save yours for special occasions, you know?"

"Like holidays?" She smiled. "Christmas, birthdays, and all of that?"

"I was thinking New Years." I nodded. "And only New Years."

"New Years just passed though."

"Then I guess the next one." I kissed her cheek. She glanced around at the state of the dining room and sighed. Even I had to admit that my wolf did more damage than usual. The only bright side of the situation was that there were no dead bodies that I would have to explain away this time. I suppose for that, I should've been thankful. "Don't worry, I'll clean it all up before they get back."

"I'll help you," she said, her brows furrowed in determination.

"Really?"

"Yeah," she grimaced. "I sort of contributed to some of it."

"Is that so?" I rested my chin on her shoulder and let my eyes scan the messy room. "What did you do, Princess?"