-Chapter 123-

I sat on the bed ashamed of myself for being so lazy

I sat on the bed ashamed of myself for being so lazy. Syn was packing all of our things and wouldn't let me do anything. I hated watching him do all the heavy lifting but every-time I tried to help...he just looked at me.

The look wasn't a terrifying one, but it stopped me immediately. It was a simple raised brow and stare.

So I was left to sit on the bed and tell him if he was missing random things around the room. He would oblige by my requests silently and it made me frown. For the past few days, he'd been acting out of character. He went out almost every night and I wasn't insecure about our relationship, but my curiosity was piqued.

He'd leave at night and I'd feel him come into bed hours later. I wouldn't say anything since I told him that I didn't care what he did as long as he was loyal...but what loyal man sneaks into bed late at night?

I sighed and my insecurities surfaced. I didn't want to smother or bother him but I needed a tiny bit of reassurance. "Syn, are you cheating on me?" His back remained to me but all his movements stopped. I bit my lip and fiddled with my fingers as he remained quiet. I waited for him to speak for a few moments but after a while, he resumed his task and completely ignored me. "Syn-"

He dropped the item in his hand and ran his hand through his hair. "Queen, are you fucking insane?"

"I'm sorry, you've just been going out a lot recently."

"Who would I cheat on you with?" He asked seriously.

"I don't know."

"There is no one else, Queen. You know there isn't," he said.

I nodded and took a deep breath. My head was just beginning to get to me. "Are we almost done?" I loved staying on Earth, but I was ready to go home. Home meaning Syn's room. The rest of the palace housed the world's biggest liars.

"Yup," Syn said as he closed a suitcase. "This was the last one."

I stood up from the bed and laid a hand on my stomach as I stretched. I grabbed my purse and phone and walked over to Syn. He wrapped his arms around me, laying a kiss on my head and pulling me against him. "Are you ready for tonight?"

"Not really," I muttered. "But we don't have a choice."

"We got this, okay? We just need to get the gun and we're good. Okay?"

I nodded quickly. "Okay." The dinner with everyone was tonight and I'd been nervous about it for the past couple of days. I didn't know how I'd confront them. I was especially worried about my sister and father as they were master manipulators.

Everyone, along with Lilith was to join us tonight. None of them had any idea what was going to happen though. We wanted to keep the element of surprise and didn't want to risk them doing something stupid.

Syn created a portal into his room and I quickly walked in, jumping when I saw a man lying in his bed. He was wearing a dark suit and fully dressed as he looked boredly at the television. He shot me a glance and winked at me as though we knew one another.