-Chapter 64-

I looked over at Genesis and Cleo wrapped up in helping Queen, and I shook my head

I looked over at Genesis and Cleo wrapped up in helping Queen, and I shook my head. I was the true victim tonight, yet she was getting all the aftercare. How did that happen? I didn't want news of Felix and me being together to get out, but I did expect more attention to come from it. Instead, everyone was focused on Queen...nothing new.

"Are you going to help me up?" Felix asked from the table as he tried to pull himself up amidst the broken wood.

"Why should I?" I crossed my arms. "You embarrassed me tonight."

"You think I anticipated almost dying?" He hissed.

"No, but I did anticipate that you'd win a fight that you started, at the very fucking least," I scoffed at him, crossing my arms and kicking aside the small bit of wood beside his foot. "There's your help. Do the rest yourself." I tossed my long ponytail over my shoulder and walked over his leg.

I shoot a disgusted look at Jess who was cleaning Nate as fast as she could and I rolled my eyes. I didn't care what anyone said, she was fucking pathetic. As much as I loved Felix, there were too many men in the world to be groveling over one. If he didn't perform to the capacity I wished him to, there was someone else who would. Simple as that.

I didn't need love. I needed to be worshipped as I deserved.

The way he was going with the continuous embarrassment and disappointment, I'd be in the market for a new man any time soon. I swear if he wasn't good in bed, I'd be gone. But sex with him was always my weakness...he knew that. I'd been with men all over the world, but I always came back to him.

Maybe I can't move on.

I almost let myself give in to that bullshit until I remembered who I was- a damn Queen. And I damn sure wasn't going to dim my shine for anyone, either he'd brighten the hell up or burn to ashes. His choice- not my problem.

I'd cut out my own heart before I let it control my every being like some people.

Genesis caught my eye as I walked past her and she gave me a disappointed look. Did she really expect me to check on Queen after hearing she tried to take Felix? She was insane. Like I said to my father, it was a relief to not have to deal with Queen any longer. I didn't care if our relationship was forever ruptured- she did that, not me. Her problems were no longer mine to fix.

I walked out of the restaurant, ignoring everyone's eyes and stepping out into the cold night. My heels clicked against the pavement as I looked around at the empty streets and sighed. Felix and I came together and I expected him to run after me like he always did, but it had been five seconds and the man was still nowhere to be seen.

"He just doesn't care," I told myself, shaking my head and walking down the street. Here I was, on my own again. These days...more and more frequently, I was becoming my biggest advocate. Things were the best that way, but some support wouldn't be bad.