-Chapter 78-

I adjusted the hem of my dress the best I could while sitting in a moving car

I adjusted the hem of my dress the best I could while sitting in a moving car. Cleo, Caspian, and Xavier were engaging in some random conversation and occasionally kissing while I remained quiet.

All three of them tried to make sure I wasn't feeling left out though and that was sweet, but it wasn't needed. Fourth wheeling would be a decent experience as long as Xavier was happy.

The driver of the limousine lowered the partition. "ETA is three minutes."

"Thank you Lucius," Cleo said as the man pressed a button to raise the glass. Cleo glanced at Caspian and Xavier and gave them a proud nod. "You two look hot. Hot as fuck."

That was a fact I couldn't contest. They were both wearing matching black suits and looked amazing. The only difference in their outfits was that while Xavier was wearing a white button up underneath, Caspian wore nothing. He claimed it would be a crime to cover up his body. It was unconventional...but that was him, and he looked amazing.

Cleo turned to me and shook her head with a smile on her face. "And you!" She exclaimed. I nervously looked away from her with a shy grin on my face and crossed my arms. Everyone's eyes were on me and the attention made me so uneasy that I wanted to vanish.

"You look amazing," Caspian said with a wink.

Xavier nodded in agreement and Cleo beamed at him. "I know right! I knew that dress would be perfect for her."

Cleo had bought me tons of dresses as gifts and they were all more her tastes than mine, but I wasn't complaining. I was wearing a short black dress that had a cross over design on my breast and left my back completely exposed.

It was a lot more revealing than the things I usually wore, but I had to admit I felt confidence like I had never felt before. The leather material of the dress made it have a glossy effect that complemented the bold makeup look Cleo had done for me.

The car came to a slow and our conversation died down at the chatter outside the door. What is that? Cleo took a deep breath and nodded. "Let's do this."

Do what?

As soon as she opened the door all I could hear was screaming and cameras clicking. She stepped out with Xavier on her arm with ease and my eyes widened. Here I was paralyzed in my seat, yet she seemed completely unfazed.

Caspian smiled and held out his hand for me. "No need to be nervous, all we have to do is walk into the club." With a nod and a deep breath, I accepted his hand and we stepped out of the car together. As soon as our feet hit the floor we were bombarded with questions and psycho paparazzi. There were guards holding people back, but it was absolute chaos.

"Mr. Deveaux have you and your wife divorced?!"

"Who is this woman?!"

They were all screaming multiple questions and I felt a man grab my arm and shove a mic in my face. "Any comment on your relationship with Caspian Deveaux?"