-Chapter 111-

Dr

Dr. Wilson slipped in the item and I held my breath. "Are you ready?"

I laid my hands on my stomach and took a deep breath. "I'm-"

I felt a strange feeling from inside my stomach and a small motion against my hands that made me frown. I looked down from the ceiling at my stomach in shock. My eyes moved back to Adrian and he lifted the gown to see the cause of my sudden worry. When he saw whatever it was, he laughed and lifted it for me to see.

I saw tiny feet from inside my stomach against my skin and I laughed softly. It was so strange to see and I couldn't deny that it felt off. There were little tingles inside my stomach every time it happened.

Adrian smiled at my stomach and shook his head. "She's a kicker, isn't she?"

She? He sighed and sat back in his seat. His professional mannerisms returned and she looked at me. "Ready?"

"I-..."

I couldn't say yes yet with all the movements inside of me. She? Syn and I had created a daughter together. And like her father, she was determined to stun me into silence and not let me continue my thought processes. Every time I was about to respond I felt her kick and I forgot what I was going to say.

"Ms. Beverly?" I looked up at him and he smiled at me like he knew what I was thinking. "I need your decision."

I looked between him and my stomach. Could Syn and I raise a child together? If we taught her how to use her powers could she be better than the both of us? I didn't know, but I knew that Syn along with everyone around us wouldn't let us do it alone.

With that, I took a deep breath and looked back at Adrian.

"I don't want to do it," I said finally.

"That's fine." He grinned. He removed the item from inside me and I sat up on the chair feeling even more emotional than I was before. I was excited, but scared for the future.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time," I said to him. "Syn told me you came all the way from Hell."

"No worries, Ms. Beverly. I owe Syn a lot more than a brief trip to another dimension," he joked. He removed the items off of me and when I sat up, he smiled at me once again."I'm glad you changed your mind. I know Syn can be...a dick most of the time, but he'll be a great father."

"I think so too." I smiled. "Thank you."

"Of course. I'll be calling the both of you in a few days when I figure out why your body isn't developing with the child," he said as he stood up. "Until then, if anything happens...Syn has my number."

As soon as he left the room, I changed back into my clothes as fast as I could and rushed out to the corridor. I walked out to the area where Syn was and tried to wipe the remaining tears on my face. He looked up at me from his seat and stood up. I walked in his direction and followed behind him in silence to the car. How would he react to this? He wanted me to keep the baby so he's happy, right? I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to be with me anymore though.