-Chapter 61-

Jess stood up hesitantly from the chair and walked towards me, but Nate stood up as well

Jess stood up hesitantly from the chair and walked towards me, but Nate stood up as well. "Who do you think you are?!" He yelled in anger as he stalked towards me.

Caspian suddenly stood up from his chair and stopped Nate with a hand on his chest. "I wouldn't take another step near him, mate," he threatened in a cold voice I hoped to never be on the receiving end of. Nate staggered back at his words and sat back in his seat. I had to admit I would've loved to see Caspian beat his ass but right now wasn't the time.

Jess was being rude to them for no damn reason and my blood was boiling. I grabbed Jess's hand and led her to a corridor to search for a place to talk to her. Seeing no other alternative I walked into the empty women's restroom and closed the door behind us. Thankfully, it was in pristine condition.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I hissed.

"I don't have a problem," she said, crossing her arms.

"You clearly do. I've never seen you be as much of a bitch as you were tonight."

"A bitch?" She yelled. "Who are you and where is Xavier?"

"Oh please, like you truly know me. You just saw a version of me that fit the role of whatever fucked up life you envision for yourself."

A flicker of hurt passed her eyes and she shook her head at me. "You're being an asshole."

"And you're not? You're nice to everyone yet tonight you treat Cleo and Caspian like shit-you acted like some jealous ex!"

"Jealous?" She scoffed in shock. "Jealous of what?"

"Fuck if I know."

"I have nothing to be jealous of. I don't want you."

"Okay, Jessica," I said with an unbelieving nod.

"You have nothing to offer me. You're practically a kid."

"Okay."

"And then this shit you pull tonight, you're more immature than I initially believed," she muttered in a disappointed tone.

"What shit did I pull?"

"Bringing not one but two dates tonight?! Was it to spite me?" She yelled in question.

"Not everything is about you, Jess."

"We both know that's not true for you," she spat. "You literally cater to my every need, Xavier. You don't think I noticed how you followed me around like a lost puppy?"