-Chapter 95-

Shit

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

That's all that was going through my mind after Lilith just mind-fucked us all. After she left, the entire room remained dead silent. I couldn't even bring myself to look at Queen's father after finding out what he did.

I looked over at Syn whose arms were crossed as he looked lost in thought. I'd be lost too after what Lilith said. Him and Queen, soulmates?! What the fuck!

Syn was never one to follow rules. He never aligned himself with any parameters set for him by others. I couldn't imagine how he felt finding out that his relationship was some cosmic plan that he went along with.

Queen still wasn't back so I was sure that wasn't calming his nerves. I wasn't even sure he wanted to be with her anymore after that. Knowing him, he'd probably end things because he doesn't like being controlled.

Finally having enough of his brooding state, I took out my phone and sent him a text.

Me: Hi...

He slowly took his phone out of his pocket and read the message before his fingers began typing.

Syn: Hey.

Me: Well fuck. Right?

Syn: Fuck indeed.

Me: Come with me after this to get cheese fries and milkshakes pls!!!

Syn: You know I don't like milkshakes.

Me: You've never even had one. But Queen is coming...

I watched as the chat bubble appeared and disappeared a couple of times. I lifted my head to look at him and watched him shut his phone off and slide it into his pocket. In a stressed-out manner, he laid his head in his hand and closed his eyes.

Frowning at the scene in front of me, I turned my phone off and put it away. Since Syn didn't seem to want to be bothered, I turned my attention back to everyone else in the room.

"Who are you sleeping with, Xyla?!" Felix snapped as he glared at Xyla.

She looked pissed at his tone but kept her features stone cold. "Don't yell at me. I've already told you she's lying."

Lilith was one shady bitch. After what she revealed about Xyla, it took everything in me not to start laughing out of shock. Syn would rather rip out his throat than sleep with her and Genesis hated her guts. Besides Felix, that only left one other SinClaire.

Julius...

I wondered if anyone had been able to make that deduction, but I rather enjoyed my quiet knowledge. As perceptive as Syn was, he probably would've told everyone had he not been so distracted by Lilith's revelation about him and Queen.

"I believe the wedding should be moved up, especially considering Lilith will come back and say God knows what," Jonathan spoke up. With everything Lilith said about him, I was shocked that he even had the balls to speak again. I furrowed my brows and waited for Julius to protest the request as he did earlier, but he remained silent. Jonathan looked at him with a questioning gaze. "We don't know what she may reveal next." He said secretly. "Let's get this over with and cut our ties."