-Chapter 26-

My back ached as I sat up on the floor and rubbed my head

My back ached as I sat up on the floor and rubbed my head. Where am I? I looked around the room, immediately recognizing it as Syn's and my eyes widened in shock. Memories of last night began to slowly pour into my mind, leaving me glued to my spot in embarrassment.

He saw me naked. Completely fucking naked. I let out a struggled breath as everything that happened flashed through my mind, and I immediately got up. Seeing as the room was empty and he was gone, I'd take my chance and try to leave before he got back. Once I got to my room, I'd come up with a plan as to what to do. At least there I could be alone and lock the door.

I tip toed around the room to his bed and grabbed my phone before dashing to the door. Before I could make it, the door swung open making me jump and let out a small scream. I held my phone against my chest, frozen in my spot and he walked in. His eyes remained on me as he closed the door, and leaned against it, blocking my exit.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I cleared my throat. "Back to my room. I don't want to bother you any more than I already have."

"You're not bothering me at all. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good," I replied. "Thank you for-"

"Don't worry about it," he said. "I need to actually speak to you."

"About what?"

"Well firstly, Xavier," he said slowly, as if trying to see my reaction to his friend's name...a reaction that I didn't have of course. I looked at him blankly, waiting for him to continue and he took a step toward me. "Are you mad at him?"

I sighed, shrugging slightly as I shook my head. "I'm not mad," I said. "I'm hurt. I know he and I aren't close, but he did really hurt my feelings."

"I understand." He nodded, taking a step toward me. "Are you doing anything for the rest of tonight?"

"Depends."

"On?"

"Why you're asking," I said.

"I think we need to talk, and I'd like it to be out of the palace."

"Talk about what?" I swallowed, not moving as he stepped closer to me. The same fear that was usually there when he was around seemed nonexistent.

"Us," he answered. "Everything that's happening with us."

"And I-umm, what is happening with us?"

"That's what I'd like to talk about," he said lowly, standing less than a foot away from me. I bit the inside of my cheek, looking up at him and ignoring the butterflies floating around in my stomach. We were already closer than we needed to be. I needed to put some much-needed space between us before I was the one that couldn't control myself anymore.