-Chapter 37-

I mentally patted myself on the back for sending Xavier to the couple

I mentally patted myself on the back for sending Xavier to the couple. It was about time that he got over Jess and got her out of his mind. I didn't know what her aim was or what she was doing, but I wouldn't make it easy for her to take advantage of him.

I looked up from the table when I saw Xavier walking toward me with a large grin. "Hey," he said nervously. I nodded my head at him in greeting and took a sip of my drink. "Umm...so they asked me if I want to go home with them." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do you want to go with them?"

He looked back at them and then back at me. "I kinda do man. I'm curious to see what...you know." I didn't really know, but I nodded at him as if I did.

"But this is our boy's night and I'd feel wrong leaving you alone," he said with a smile as he sat down across from me.

"Xavier, go with them," I said. I wanted him to enjoy himself and I did not mind being alone. At all.

"No, I-"

"Go, seriously I'll be fine I would like to get back to Queen anyway," I said as I looked at my watch, and groaned as I saw that it was almost eleven. Hopefully, she wasn't asleep.

Xavier sighed and smiled at me. "Well...fine since you insist, but first I want you to do shots."

"I've already done four, Xavier."

"Then another five won't hurt."

"Jess, what's going on with you?" I asked softly as I positioned myself on Gen's bed

"Jess, what's going on with you?" I asked softly as I positioned myself on Gen's bed. A few hours ago Gen and Jess invited me to come hang out since I was alone. I was avoiding Xyla and I didn't have anyone here so I accepted the invite and we've been talking for hours.

I remembered Xavier mentioning to me that she broke his heart somehow and since I'd been here, she'd seemed distracted. I wasn't sure if it was because of Xavier, but it couldn't be a coincidence. I didn't know many details about her love life besides the fact that her ex-boyfriend was a complete dick.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.

"Like any boys?" I teased.

"No, but something happened the other day."