-Chapter 104-

15 Minutes Ago

15 Minutes Ago

I leaned my head onto Sebastian's shoulder as we both quietly swayed to the music. All my past feelings for him were gone but the warmth and comfort remained- memories of his actions a few days ago seeming to be ones of my imagination.

The stress of tonight was getting to me but this was calming me at least a tiny bit. Sebastian moved slightly backward and looked down at me with a charming smile. "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay," I said sweetly with a smile.

"I need something to drink, do you want anything?" He asked.

"Umm, no I'm okay. I'm going to sit for a little bit though," I said as I pointed in Xavier's direction.

He nodded swiftly and walked backward to the bar area. "I'll meet you there."

With a quick nod, I trudged to where the trio was sitting and plumped myself onto a nearby chair.

"Well, you look like shit," Caspian pointed out.

I gave him a fake smile and squinted my eyes at him as if I could burn holes into his head. "Thanks, Cas."

"Are you okay?" Cleo asked.

"I guess," I muttered.

"The night is almost over," Xavier pointed out to comfort me. "And our trip will be here quicker than you know it. Just hang in there, Queen."

"Okay," I whispered.

They fell back into their conversation amongst one another and I busied myself by looking around the crowded room. I recognized nobody here besides the people I was sitting with. Everyone was wearing masks and I was sure even if I saw someone maskless I wouldn't know who they were.

The dimmed lights in the room didn't help either. It just carried a frightening ambiance that was more ominous than anything.

I smiled softly as Sebastian came my way and took a seat next to me. "This feels like prom," he said randomly.

I gave him a disgusted look and shook my head. "Oh please, let's not bring that up."

He laughed softly. "Why not? It was a good night."I gave him a 'really' look and shook my head. "I'm convinced you just don't want to remember our good moments," he said as he smiled at me.

"What was good about prom?" I asked dryly.

He leaned forward in his seat and moved his lips to my ears. "It was our first time."

He moved back into his chair slowly as we made eye contact and my cheeks flushed. That had completely slipped my mind and I wasn't trying to think about it. "I forgot," I muttered softly.

"I've missed us a lot, Queen," he said.

"Okay, Sebie," I mocked, redirecting the conversation. I didn't know what his aim was with trying to bring up past memories, but I wasn't down for it. Especially when I knew Syn would lose his shit if he heard it.