-Chapter 35-

"You! Don't give a shit about me and I've wasted twenty years of my life for fucking nothing!" Genesis screamed

My father looked away from her as if she had slapped him in the face. He looked off into the distance for a moment before he began laughing. His low laugh soon turned into a hysterical shriek as he looked at my mom. She and I looked at one another in confusion as to what the hell was going on and after a few moments, he stopped laughing and walked towards my mother, taking her hands into his. With his free hand, he tucked some hair behind her ear and leaned closer to her.

Say the right thing.

"If you truly believe that you wasted twenty years on me..." he began as my mother looked up at him through teary eyes. "Then you need a lot more mental help than I had initially thought."

My mother snatched her hand away from his and her hand connected with his cheek in a hard slap. Lucifer remained frozen in his spot with his head still in the same direction she slapped it. I watched his jaw clench and his fingers tremble at his sides. For a moment I thought he would hurt her but I knew him well enough to know that no matter how angry he was at her, that wasn't possible.

He slowly turned his face back to her and looked at her for a moment before he said the words that would completely break her.

"Fuck you, Genesis," he said in a calm tone. I had a feeling that if he had screamed those words at her it would have caused her less pain than this. With that, I stood up from my chair and walked out the door to wait for my father outside. Almost immediately, he walked out of my mother's room shaking his head as he slammed her door.

"That was interesting," I said.

He shook his head and let out a bitter laugh. He leaned against the closed door to her room and crossed his arms, facing me. "You know Syn, I used to think you were insane because of the way I created you, but you got that all from her."

"Fuck you," I muttered.

"See! You're one and the same."

"You know she can hear us right?" Even if we were down the hall my mother would've been able to listen to our conversation. Perks of being a vampire.

"Good. Your mother is a crazy bitch who seems like she's more in love with a psychopath who abused her than me," he said. He smiled as we heard a gasp come from the other side of the door and I scoffed.

"I do not love Julius," she screamed through the door.

Lucifer turned to face the door and screamed at it. "The way you listen to his words like they're fucking law tells me otherwise! We've been together twenty years and he has one conversation with you and you've managed to convince yourself I don't love you."