-Chapter 115-

I walked into the bar the I had asked Queen to meet me and sat on one of the stools in front of the bar

I walked into the bar the I had asked Queen to meet me and sat on one of the stools in front of the bar. "What can I get you, handsome?" The bartender asked me, leaning over the table and flipping her green hair over her shoulder.

"I'll just have water," I said nicely. She seemed like a cute girl but I was in love with Queen, there was no one else that I wanted.

"You came to a bar, to order water?" She asked curiously.

"I'd like to keep my mind clear to talk to someone meeting me here," I admitted quietly.

"A girl?" She questioned mischievously with a raised brow.

"Yes."

"She's a lucky woman," she said as she pushed herself away from the counter gently.

"I'm a lucky man if things go well," I said honestly with a laugh. I may have gotten more upset than necessary the other day, but I was thankful she wasn't holding a grudge.

Queen and I had a long history but I never stopped loving her. All these years was proof enough of that. I knew Lilith since I was a child since she worked with my father. When I was only fifteen she and my father enlisted me as a spy to watch over her daughter in Heaven because she couldn't get in for some odd reason.

I was never planning to fall for her though, but as we became friends and spent time together, I couldn't help it. When Lilith found out about our relationship she was pissed.

My biggest regret though was leaving Queen after her engagement to Justin. I was hurt, I blamed her and I was stupid to do so. For years I couldn't get her off my mind. For the better half of college, I'd pine after her but the damage was already done. She took me abandoning her as the ultimate betrayal.

For the sake of having her in my life, I let myself be deduced to her friend. Thankfully for the both of us, the universe wanted us together so desperately that a few months ago my father reached out to me for a deal that I couldn't refuse.

One that would get me all the things I had ever wanted...

Queen and all the money in the world to keep her.

In exchange for me coming to Jeradua and winning Queen's heart back, he'd invest in my company. It was a win-win. I'd get a promotion greater than my wildest dream and I'd have the love of my life right next to me. With that in mind, I threw myself toward that goal.

My plans however were skewed when I found out Syn was with Queen. It never made sense to me why she was with him until a few weeks ago when Lilith told me Syn was abusing her. She let me in on their plan to kill Syn and I was bestowed the honor of being the one to shoot him.

At first, I was hesitant but it didn't take much to convince me. I hated the man's guts anyways. Especially now that I found out he was hurting her and somehow confused her into being with him- I had a feeling he was anyway.