-Chapter 128-

After the news about Sebastian aired, everyone talked about it for all of ten minutes and resumed their activities

After the news about Sebastian aired, everyone talked about it for all of ten minutes and resumed their activities. I kept to myself as my thoughts kept going to Syn. He had to have something to do with this. It would explain him being missing almost every night these past couple of weeks.

I didn't want to believe it but who else would have wanted to hurt Sebastian besides him. A few hours later, everyone was leaving the room and I got up from the bed to say my goodbyes. Well, it wasn't a complete goodbye since almost everyone was staying here.

Cleo and Caspian would be staying together in Xavier's room until the wedding and Cain was going to be alone in a guest room in the palace.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said with a smile.

Cleo and Xavier gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and Caspian stuck his tongue out at me. I frowned at him and he sighed as he walked toward me. "Don't be sad, Chipmunk. You know I love you."

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes at him. He ignored my irritated features and pulled me into a hug. He pulled away a few moments later and winked at me as he left the room.

The only guest who hadn't made his exit was Cain who was sitting at the table with his head in his arms. I would've thought he was sleeping if he didn't sigh LOUDLY. Syn and I glanced at one another and then back to him. He sighed once more and I crossed my arms. After a few more seconds he did it again and I rolled my eyes. "What's wrong, Cain?"

He immediately sat up straight and turned to me. "I'm so glad you asked," he said with a bright smile.

I scoffed and walked to the table and sat down beside him. "What's going on?"

"I'm just thinking about dad," he admitted.

"What about him?"

"I didn't know he died and it feels so...shitty," he said with a small forced laugh.

"You didn't know?" I asked.

"No, I didn't. Whenever I'd speak to him he would tell me he was in Heaven for business. I never knew it was more...permanent," he said.

I laid my hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me. "We'll figure out why he didn't tell you, okay? But for now, you have me, you know? I'm your sister."

He made a mock disgusted look on his face and burst out into laughter as he saw my frown. "I'm joking, Queen," he said as he stood up. "I'm glad you're my sister. I hope things go well between us."

"And hopefully you won't murder me," I teased.

He shook his head in my direction as he held his hand over his chest. "I can't believe you said that, Queen. So insensitive."

I laughed and pointed to the door. "Go to bed, candy-cane."

"Candy-cane?" He asked as he walked backward. "I like it." With those last words, he left the room and closed the door behind him.