-Chapter 53-

Looking around my room I cringed at the mess I had created

     Looking around my room I cringed at the mess I had created. I had thrown shoes and clothes all over the floor trying on and taking off different outfits.

I bought plenty of outfits yesterday when I was out with Queen, but everything seemed shit the closer the time got to the auction. I glanced down at my watch and groaned, nothing seemed to fit right, and time was running out.

4:26pm

Meaning I had been looking for over four hours and had only a sliver of time left since everything was starting at six. I quickly walked to my bed and decided to call the only person who might be able to help me. My fingers danced over the keys as I vigorously went to the contact and pressed call.

With each ring of the phone, my anxiety skyrocketed. I began pacing the room and almost tripped over a pair of shoes that were aimlessly lying on the floor.

"Fuck me," I spat as I caught my balance.

"Umm no," My eyes widened momentarily as I heard the voice, but my worries were alleviated.

"I need you right now," I groaned.

"Xavier, you just said to fuck you and now you're saying that? This is weird." I pinched the bridge of my nose and took a deep breath to relax as I realized how this all sounded.

"That's not what I meant. I need your help. Come to my room please." I begged.

"I'm getting read-"

"You can get ready in here!" I yelled. The line went dead silent and I checked the phone to see if I was hung up on. But I saw it was still in fact on call.

"Fine, I'll come. Bitch." The line went dead immediately after and I tossed my phone on the bed.

A moment later I heard a knock on my door and I practically ran to it, not caring what I could've possibly tripped over. Opening the door, I saw Queen holding a small bag and a dress in her hand. "Gen was in the middle of getting me ready Xavier. Do you know how hard it is to get away from a woman with eyeliner?!"

I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the room, slamming the door behind her. She gawked at me as if I was a lunatic and it took all of my energy not to laugh.

"Happy Birthday!" I yelled as I pulled her into a tight hug.

"I-...I can't- ...breathe," she croaked.

"Sorry." I let her go.

"What's up with you?" She asked as she set down her things on my bed. "And what's up with this room?" She glanced around the havoc I had created and her eyes landed on mine in question.

"I'm a bit nervous for tonight," I revealed.

She furrowed her brows in confusion momentarily but a few seconds later a warm smile appeared on her face. "Because of Cleo and Caspian?" She teased as she stretched their names.