-Chapter 136-

Going out into the halls alone in the middle of the night was a horrible idea, but I needed to eat

Going out into the halls alone in the middle of the night was a horrible idea, but I needed to eat. Well, Xavia needed to eat...Syn offered to go for me but he was half asleep and I didn't feel right making him go. Besides, I could use the exercise.

At night in the palace, there were a lot fewer guards and a lot less lights on. The dimmed lights in the halls made my imagination run wild with possible shadows in the darkness. It made me shiver, but I figured it was only because of what happened when Lilith was stalking me.

I smiled at a guard I passed and he bowed slightly which made me cringe internally again. That was still something I hated even though I'd been here for a while now. I suppose I should get used to it since I was supposed to be Queen of Jeradua eventually. The thought was nerve-wracking still.

I sighed and looked down at Syn's white socks I was wearing. I would've worn my own, but I couldn't find a matching pair and got annoyed when I wore different ones.

A gust of wind hitting me made me hug myself and frown. I didn't see any windows open and it was odd that something like that would happen out of nowhere. I looked around to see nothing so I just continued walking.

After a few moments, I began hearing footsteps behind me and I rolled my eyes. Not this shit again. I walked a couple of steps and still heard it and turned around. I crossed my arms when I saw Xyla behind me and she looked beyond pissed.

"What do you want?"

"I can't just talk to my sister?" She questioned mischievously as she circled me.

"You're following me in the middle of the night Xyla, it's creepy."

"Hmm."

I waited for her to say anything else, but when she didn't, I turned around to leave. She ran in front of me to stop me and laid her hands on my shoulders. "You think you're going to take everything from me and get away with it, Queen?"

I roughly removed her arms from me and glared at her. "I never tried to take anything from you. This is just how things happened."

She scoffed and gave me a dirty look. "So you just got pregnant and suddenly take everything that's mine?"

"Uh, yes," I replied in a frustrated tone.

"I'm going to make one thing clear," she said lowly as she took a step forward. "I will not have your baby ever touch that throne. It belongs to my future son."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned through gritted teeth as I balled my fists at my sides.

"How it sounds," she said.

"Hurt me all you want but as soon as you lay a finger on my child it's over for you, Xyla."

She nodded. "We'll see." She walked past me and nudged my shoulder with hers purposely and I rolled my eyes. "Have a great wedding today!" She yelled as she walked away.