Lets try this again.

Jessica

As we drove closer and closer to Demi's childhood home, I could feel her grip on my hand increase. She was way more nervous about this than I was. I had given up on earning her parents' approval awhile back but it was important to Demi so I had to be there for her.

"I know the last time we were here, things didn't go that great so as soon as you feel uncomfortable let me know alright?"

She held my cheek as she spoke. Her sincerity could been seen from even a mile away. Even though I almost felt like a lamb up for slaughter, she made me feel safe.

She squeezed my hand as an indication that she was ready to go inside and we exited the car and she made sure to intertwine our fingers as we approached the front door.

The look on Eddie's face when he opened the door was priceless. He pulled her in so forcefully, I'm sure his chest hurt but it obviously didn't matter. I stood there awkwardly as they continued hugging until Demi pulled away and turned to me.

"Eddie, this is Jessica, again."

She smiled as Eddie pulled me in for a hug that was almost as affectionate as his previous.

"Thank you for bringing her home."

He whispered and I nodded and gave him a small smile in response. Not too long after, Madison and Dallas came out to greet us and my inhibitions slowly started to melt away. I didn't feel like as big of an intruder as I did my first two times of meeting them.

I felt the mood in the room shift as Dianna came out a little while after.

"Demetria..."

She whispered as if she couldn't come to terms with the fact that she was standing there. I felt Demi tense and subconsciously pull me closer to her.

"Dianna."

She commented flatly and reached out to grab my hand. Dianna flung herself forward and pulled Demi in for a stifling hug. I could hear her whispering words of apology as she held Demi close to her. About five minutes after, they let go of each other and Dianna reached for my hand.

"Forgive me?"

She asked desperately and I gave her a simple nod in response. I still wasn't sure how to feel. She was the woman who had threatened my life multiple times. Was forgiving her as easy as I made it out to be?

Dinner wasn't as bad as I had mentally prepared myself for it to be. Demi looked happy and she kept asking if I was fine every so often. Truth is, I wasn't sure if I was.

In the middle of dinner, her mother stood up with a glass nonalcoholic wine in her glass, attracting our attention.

"What a beautiful day it is. My daughter that I thought I'd never see again is back home and I know I've done some awful things in the past but I hope you realized that I've only wanted what was best for you and now I know that no one is better for you than that woman sitting beside you..."

I felt Demi squeeze my thigh reassuringly as everyone else smiled at us.

"...I hope you both can find it in your hearts to forgive me and Jessica, I am looking forward to calling you my daughter-in-law very soon. To Demi and Jessica."

She raised her glass and we all mimicked her movements and repeated her words."

"To Demi and Jessica."

I started to relax a bit more throughout the dinner and they all jumped at the opportunity to share embarrassing stories of Demi. We had already finished our main course when Dianna summoned me.