Date night

Demi

It took about four hours for Jessica to come home from wherever she went with Marissa. When I heard the front door open, I prepared myself for a cussing out that never came. Instead, she came over to me smiling and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I didn't know you would still be here. I would've gotten you something to eat."

Her voice became harder to hear as she made her way into the kitchen so I followed her and answered cautiously.

"Uh... No, its fine. I made something already anyway."

I answered a bit confused. Why was she being so... nice?

"Oh. Cool."

She answered nonchalantly with her back turned to me as she took out some fruit. I decided to test the waters because this was way too good to be true.

"So where did you and Marissa head off to?"

"The gym, obviously."

She stated simply as she made her way to living room with a bowl of fruit and sat in the sofa. Once again, I followed her path and sat next to her on the sofa and she propped her feet on my lap.

"I thought you were supposed to see Greg today."

"I already went.  We just discussed a few things like touring, music videos and that studio I wanna open."

She shrugged.

"But I thought you wanted me to take you."

"Oh no, its fine. I wouldn't want something important to come up and then I wouldn't be able to finish now would we?"

She answered sarcastically and topped it off with the sweetest smile she could muster. So that was her plan, to take me on a guilt trip.  I decided it was best I didn't answer because Lord knows I'll never hear the end of it.

"Want some?"

She offered me some of her fruit by shoving the bowl in my face but I declined.

"Naah , I'm still full from breakfast."

"Sounds like you cleared out my entire fridge, which reminds me we need to go grocery shopping."

"It's my turn anyway. I'll do it."

"And I would love if you would go furniture shopping with me."

She said batting her eyes and giving me a face she knew made me forget the word 'no'.

"Furniture shopping? Why?"

"I told you Jasmine is coming to live with me soon."

I nodded and gave her slight smile and she frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know.  I mean, What does that mean for us?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if she doesn't like me? I know she's your main priority and if sh-"

I was cut off by her soft, beautiful lips coming in contact with mine. It's crazy how she is still able to take my breath away with each kiss. After a few seconds, she leans away slightly and rubbed my cheek affectionately.

"Sometimes you talk too much."

"But it is a valid question."

"Jasmine may be a sarcastic bitch at times but she also has the biggest, warmest heart out of everyone I know. You have nothing to worry about, OK?"