Hotel room blues.

Demi

"Are you feeling better this morning?"

Wilmer asked cautiously from his place on the edge of the bed.

"Kinda."

I mumbled out, allowing him to realize that he shouldn't try to speak to me nor constantly ask if I'm OK. He nodded his head before questioning me.

"So you said you had some stuff at a hotel right? What time do you wanna go get them?"

I sat up in the bed and shrugged.

"Maybe eleven, eleven thirty?"

"Sure. Well umm, I'm gonna go hit the gym downstairs and you can eat some breakfast yeah?"

I gave him a small smile and a nod before he attempted to give me a kiss. I turned my head so his lips met my jaw instead.

"Sorry, morning breath."

I gave him a plastic smile, rolling my eyes as soon as he turned his back and went out the door. Could he not see that I wasn't into him? I pulled out the room service menu and weighed my options though I really wasn't hungry. I guess I just wanted something to keep myself occupied. After I ordered, I dragged myself out of bed and crawled my way to the bathroom.

The cold water I splashed on my face quickly began to mix with tears as the memory of how happy I was a mere twenty-four hours ago came flooding in. How great it was to wake up to her beautiful face smiling right back at me, to have her warm, gentle lips kiss trails all over my skin.

I was interrupted by a notification that went off on my phone that signalled a text message. I was in no rush to answer though, It wouldn't be the person who I really wanted to hear from. I was forced to leave the bathroom anyway as the butler knocked to wheel in the food I had ordered.

After nibbling at my food for a few minutes, I mustered up the energy to check my messages. By this time, I had three unread messages. Two from Natalie and one from Dallas, nothing too important. While scrolling through my twitter timeline full of Lovatics congratulating me on my engagement, I received yet another text message. This one causing me to drop my phone out of shock. It couldn't be her. It wouldn't be her. I paced about the room, biting my nails while trying to figure out why she would possibly want to text me. Eventually, my curiosity overwhelmed me and I finally gathered enough courage to read the message. With trembling hands, I unlocked my phone after three tries. I felt a lump in my throat as I read her message, five times just to ensure I was reading correctly.

'Changed flight. Going to the hotel @10. You can go b4 or after.'

My first instinct was to just obey her requests, to just give her the space she wanted but I just couldn't. More than likely, I wont be able to see her when we get back to L.A and I really wanted to see her so I texted Wilmer.

'Plan changed. Going to hotel at 10.'

•••

My heart rate started to speed up with each step I took towards the hotel room. It didn't matter that Wilmer was following close behind like a lost puppy. By the time I had pulled out the key card to open he door, I felt like I was about to pass out from anxiety. How could I face her? What would I say? Would she even want to see me? Of course not, I told her that everything we've ever had up to this point was a lie. I called her a whore.

"Nena, are you OK?"

Wilmer rested his hand on my shoulder and asked. I didn't even realize that I had my hand on the door knob for at least a minute and a half.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah, I'm good."

I managed to pull of yet another fake smile and turned the knob with trembling fingers. My heart pounding as if I could have a heart attack any minute now. As I stepped through the doors, I immediately knew she wasn't there. It just felt empty. Of course she wouldn't be here. I mean, why would she text me when she was coming here in the first place? Only to dodge me.

I huffed and went towards the bedroom and began to gather my stuff. Wilmer had decided to return downstairs til I was actually ready to leave. While rustling through the drawers for the rest of my stuff something caught my eye. Her suitcase. Which means she hadn't come for her stuff yet. I guess I'll just wait her out then.

I began moving slower than usual in order to pass time. Folding everything perfectly rather than just stuffing them all in. After about fifteen minutes of folding and unfolding clothes, I heard the beep which signalled the door was being opened. As if on demand, my palms started sweating and my heart rate multiplied by at least a hundred. I knew this wasn't a good idea. 

Her scent filled the room even before she stepped in. By the time she entered the bedroom, she was all I could smell. Her face dropped as soon as she saw me.

"Hi."

That was all I could manage to get out as she stood staring at me for a good two minutes. My heart dropped as she walked towards her suitcase as if I wasn't even there. I turned to watch her as she opened the zipper to check if all her stuff was there. When I realized she had no intentions of answering me, I sadly returned to my folding. Still wanting to spend as much time in her presence as possible.

"Hey."

She replied out of the blue, After nearly ten minutes of silence. Despite how blunt she was about it, my heart still managed to skip a beat. I watched as she rumaged through the drawers to ensure she had everything.

"Can we talk?"

I asked as I moved to sit on the bed. She let out a humourless chuckle as she zipped her suitcase shut.

"There's nothing to talk about. I heard you loud and clear last night."

She was now standing with her suitcase handle in hand, obviously ready to leave.

"No, just hear me out."

She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. I wish I could just reach over and play in it like I used to.

"No."

She answered sternly, anger clouding her features. Honestly, that wasn't the response I was expecting.

"What?"

I questioned as my voice cracked from the tears that were beginning to well up. She looked at me and quickly diverted her gaze before grabbing her suitcase and started toward the door. My first instinct was to grab her wrist to prevent her from leaving me. When she turned towards me, I could see her tears were too threatening to spill.

"I love you."

I said, desperately trying to make her stay. For a split second, hurt was evident in her eyes before returning to anger. She glared at the hand I had wrapped around her wrist before aggressively pulling her hand away and replying bitterly.

"You don't know the first thing about love."

And with that she was gone.

This took years to get to you guys,I'm sorry about that. Hope it was worth it though.

QOTD: Who's your end game? Jerissa or WessVato? Xoxo JessWes