But You Won't Sing Along

It was our two year anniversary. Sure our relationship wasn't ideal, but I got to have Demi in my life and that's all that really matters in the end. At least that's what she tells me.

I went back to check on dinner and ensured the entire atmosphere was perfect, the candles, the flowers and a compilation of our favorite music playing in the background. After feeling satisfied, I went back upstairs to take a shower but not before admiring the new lingerie I bought especially for this occasion, for her. I glanced at the clock to ensure I had enough time to get ready. It was 5:39 and she promised she would be here around 7, after she had finished in the studio. At this point, I had to quickly take a shower just so I could finish getting dressed and do my makeup and hair before she got here.

About an hour later, In the middle of straightening my hair, my phone lit up with her beautiful face to signal she was calling and I quickly answered, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hey baby."

At the tone of her voice, my enthusiasm was beginning to be replaced by disappointment.

"Umm something's come up and I don't think I can make it tonight."

When I heard this, I took my phone off speaker and quickly moved the phone to my ear.

"What Demi? What could possibly be more important than our second anniversary?"

I started to raise my voice, getting frustrated.

"Wilmer came back early, he wants us to go out for dinner." She deadpanned.

"Oh." was my simple reply, feeling a sense of rejection.

"Come on Jessica, don't be like that."

"Don't be like what Demi?"

"Like that."

"Well excuse the fuck outta me Demetria for being pissed when I've put all this fucking thought and wasted my God damn time arranging the perfect anniversary for you and as soon as that Venezuelan piece of shit calls, you go running off with him like I don't even fucking exist or matter."

I was speaking at the top of my lungs at this point with tears ruining the make-up I had already applied.

"He's my boyfriend, Jessica." she huffed getting frustrated as well.

"Oh, I get it now. I don't matter as much as he does."

"No!! Babe it's just th-"

I cut her off midsentence, not really caring what she had to say.

"Happy fucking anniversary to you too Demetria." and hung up.

To say I was in a shitty mood would be the understatement of the century. I glanced into the mirror and saw my face was a fucking mess. My mascara was all over the place..... I looked like the fricking wicked witch of the west. I began to clean myself up when I caught sight of the new lingerie on the bed, my heart only ached more. Fuck her. Even though I was very upset, I really didn't want to be alone so I texted the one person who actually knew about us.

Me: Mar, could you come over

Mar: You know I love you guys but I didn't envision a threesome as apart of our friendship

Me: She's not here, are you coming or not??

Mar: I thought it was your guys' anniversary???

Me: It obviously isn't as important to her as I thought.

Mar: Be there in 10.

My first story ever!!! Reviews are love!! Feedback is much appreciated!! I hope you liked the first chapter.... This was an idea that I just couldn't get out of my head so I decided to give it a try!! XoxoJessWess