The Weekend

Jessica

This was the third time Demi's phone would be going to voicemail so I decided to finally leave a message.

"Hey babe, I don't know why you're not picking up but I hope you're fine. Obviously, I've landed already and I'm on my way to pick up Jasmine so I'll call you later or text me as soon as you get this message. I love you bye."

I hung up just as soon as my aunt's house came into view. I was ecstatic about seeing Jasmine again. She and my aunt were the only real family I had left after our parents passed and all the work I was putting in now was for her, so she could live a life of comfort, free from fear, something I only wished of when I was younger. I excitedly put the car into park and rang the doorbell which my aunt took no time to answer.

"Look how beautiful she is!"

She exclaimed as she pulled my a suffocating embrace. After a few seconds of struggle, she loosened her grip on me and started to inspect me from headed to toe.

"How long has it been since you've been home?"

She asked as we made our way to the living room which was laden with pictures of Jasmine and myself since our aunt was single and had no children of her own.

"No more than a month and a half, two the most"

I thought out loud and my aunt quickly responded.

"Still too long, if I should say"

She handed me a glass of lemonade and continued.

"I'm very proud of you Jessica. Everytime I even catch a glimpse of you on glee or in a music video, even if it's you shaking your ass, I feel so proud. Jasmine looks up to you a lot too you know. She loves her big sister a lot, even if she has a peculiar way of showing it."

"Where is she by the way?"

I asked taking note of how unusually quiet the house was.

"Oh she went to the mall with a few friends. She should be back soon. Didn't wat to ruin the surprise."

She chuckled heartily and we continued to catch up. Before long, we heard Jasmine unlocking the front door.

"Aunty Susan? Mi come back! ( I'm back)"

"Mi inna di hall (I'm in the living room)"

She responded as Jasmine made her way to the living room, I hopped up off the couch and shouted.

"Surprise bitch!"

The look on her face when she saw me was priceless.

"You little cunt!"  

"Language, you two."

My aunt said sternly as she made her way towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?"

" Well...being the flawless dancing unicorn I am, I was asked to teach a class in the city and I thought to myself, why don't I squeeze in some time for the fans as well, so here I am."

I said in a glamorous voice as she rolled her eyes.

"I don't know what's more shocking, the fact that someone actually asked you to teach a class or the fact that you think you have fans."

"So I take it you're not staying with me this weekend then?"

"Hey, hold up I never said that!"

She exclaimed as she ran to her room to pack her stuff. She returned after almost half an hour dragging a suitcase behind her.