Try me.

Demi

...Its like you're just begging me to get rid of her myself."

My mother continued to threaten as I stalked my way angrily towards her.

"You wouldn't dare."

I grimaced while poking her chest with my index finger and she smacked my hand away.

"Wont you look at that. Little miss trapped in the closet has some guts. Well, why don't you just try me."

Just then, the rest of my family strolled in but their banter soon died down. No doubt they sensed the thickening tension between us.

"Are we missing something?"

Eddie tried to joke but I just directed my anger towards him.

"Don't try to pretend like you don't know what she's been doing, what hell she's been putting me through..."

I chuckled humorlessly and dramatically dropped my hands to my sides before continuing.

"... I mean, how fucked up do you have to be to send a man almost ten years older than your daughter to be with her when she was vulnerable just so she would hide the fact that she's gay? Hmm?"

Eddie stood there dumbfounded before, what I would assume, finding words to speak.

"Demi, I-I-I had no idea.... Dianna?"

He turned to her, obviously waiting for her to dismiss my accusations. She stood there, still glaring at me so Maddie insisted on an answer.

"Mom, Is that true?"

"So what? I'm getting ambushed for wanting the best for my child? For not wanting her to mix with that nigger?"

A loud smack echoed through the room as my palm came in contact with her cheek and I felt Dallas pull me away, preventing me from causing anymore harm.

"Well that nigger has been the love of my life for five years. She was there for me when you weren't and I wont even try to keep the peace with you anymore..."

I decided that this was it. It was either she would accept me and Jessica or not. Not a quarter, not a half, all of me.

"It's either you accept Jess and I or-"

"Over my dead body."

She countered before I even had a chance to give her an ultimatum.

"Then I'm done. Don't consider me your child and I wont be at any more family functions. You're not even welcomed to any of my shows anymore."

"Demi..."

Eddie tried to reason with me but we had both made up our minds.

"No Eddie, she's made her choice. I wont argue with her."

I began gathering my stuff from out the dressing room and threw my jacket over my shoulders.

"Goodbye Dianna."

I made my way out the door, ignoring the multiple looks of concern on their faces as tears streamed down my own.

••••

"So Demi, how's it been?"

Ellen queried as soon as the applause died down.

"I've been good. I mean, I started my Demi World Tour the other day. Tickets still on sale by the way..."

I turned to the audience and a gave a cheesy smile in typical Demo fashion which earned a few chuckles from the crowd.

"... It's great to just be living out my dream Y'know?"

Ellen smiled and went through the expected congratulations before moving on to the next question. I could feel how uncomfortable she was.

"So, for the past few years, you've been in a very public relationship with Wilmer Valderrama so of course we all saw that engagement coming. What we didn't expect though was that breakup that happened a few weeks ago. Do you mind sharing?"

The crowd grew silent in anticipation of my response. It wasn't a typical Ellen type question but she agreed to ask it nonetheless.

"Yeah, Sure. Sometimes the people around you can influence what you think you want or what you think is best for yourself but the truth is only you know what's best for you..."

The looks of anticipation on the faces of the audience and crew members only urged me to continue.

"... You cant keep hiding from yourself forever and you cant keep hurting the people you love just because you're afraid of what this or that person might say or think."

Right on cue, Ellen smiled and asked the million dollar question.

"You just said that you kept on hurting someone who you loved because you were afraid? Afraid of what?"

"Oh yeah. I was in a relationship for almost five years with someone who I kept hidden from the world because I was scared of all the judgemental backlash we would get. She never forced me to do or be anything that I wasn't comfortable to do. I only remember her pushing me to be the best person I could be but there's a time when you just say 'screw it' and learn to just live for yourself and no one else."

By the end of my little rant the audience broke out in a huge round of applause laced with a few hoots here and there.

"You said this person is a 'she' so you were in a same sex relationship with this person?"

"Yes. I was in a relationship with the love of my life."

The crowd broke out in a resounding 'awww' and Ellen turned to them.

"Oh stop it you hopeless romantics. So Demi, what happened?"

"I was being an ass bit I wont stop until she's mine again."

Just then I turned to directly fave the camera.

"Jessica, if you're watching, which I know you are, I love you and I won't stop until you ate back in my arms and in my life where you rightfully belong."

Was it good? At least a little? Comment!! What do you guys think will happen next. Also shout out to the persons who tossed in the idea of having her announce her love on Ellen and her telling off her mom. You rock!! Xoxo JessWess