Backup Plan

Present Day Jessica's POV

It really didn't take Marissa long to come over and she brought pizza. God bless her soul because I was in no mood to eat the fancy shit I'd made for dinner. We sat down and I switched on the television so we could watch Orange Is the New Black. I had promised Demi I wouldn't finish season two without her but who gives a fuck?  She promised she would be here tonight but I guess promises were meant to be broken. One pizza, one bottle of wine and two episodes later Marissa piped up.

"Why do you do this to yourself?"

"Do what?" I question but knowing all too well what she meant.

"Allow her to treat you like this, to hurt you over and over again?"

Truth is, I don't know. I don't know why I always set myself up for disappointment nor why I allow my life to revolve around her when I was just a passing thought to her.

"Can we just..... Can we just not talk about that tonight?" I deflect, standing up to go to the bedroom when Marissa held me back by my arm.

"Ok,  we won't talk about it" She sounded a bit too desperate but I ignored it.

"Just stay down here, I cant watch these last two episodes by myself now can I?"

She knew that was an offer I couldn't pass up especially since I'm the one who invited her to keep my company. I retook my space on the couch and she cuddled with me. I can't lie, it felt good. Damn good at that.

"Hey, for what it's worth, it's Demi's loss that she couldn't make it tonight. She is my bestest friend but sometimes she can be dumb."

"Good try and Thanks." I chuckled.

"More wine?" She asked

"More wine"

YES CHAPTER 3 WAS A BIT SHORT.(it felt way longer while I was writing it lol)  I HAD OTHER PLANS FOR IT, I JUST DIDN'T WANT THE STORY TO MOVE TOO FAST. THANKS TO ALL WHO ARE STILL READING YOU GUYS ROCK!!  XOXOJESSWESS