Chapter 8 - Trust

Seven had only been conscious for a few hours but being kept in the glass prison was a whole new form of torture, and it made the hours seem like days as they passed. Natasha had left two hours ago and since then Seven hadn't moved at all. She sat with her head on the smooth, cold glass and was lost in thought, only ever stopping thinking when she was thirsty and just held up her palms, sipping water out of them before going back to her thoughts.

Suddenly the glass she was leaning on began moving very slowly, like it was opening, and Seven leaped up in surprise, the sudden movement startling her. Instead of making a run for it, she backed up terrified, the only time the glass ever opened before meant she was going to be tortured and she knew that trying to run would only make it much worse in the long run for herself. 

The main door opened and she could hear two pairs of footsteps approaching but her eyes were still frozen on the glass doors which had only just finished opening completely. 

All of a sudden she felt a pair of arms around her and she froze, not knowing what was happening. Finally being able to tear her eyes from the doors she looked up, seeing Peter's brown hair in her face, inhaling his familiar scent. Before she could hug him back he pulled away to examine her, his face falling as he did so.

She knew that her eyes were red from crying and her cheeks were tear-stained but that didn't help the fact that Peter looked destroyed when he saw her face. 

Ignoring his sorrowful expression, Seven looked past his shoulder to see Natasha standing in the cell doorway, her arms crossed and an unreadable expression on her face.

Natasha walked forward, examining the girl as she did so. She looked awful, even worse than when she had left earlier as she noticed her puffy red eyes. The girl seemed to become warier as she got closer like she wanted to step back but was cornered against the wall and couldn't move. 

She eventually stopped beside Peter and Seven closed her eyes, almost waiting for something which confused Natasha and Peter, both sharing concerned glances before turning back to Seven. "What are you doing Seven?" Natasha asked, causing Seven to open her eyes, a puzzled look on her face. 

"You aren't going to hurt me?" She asked, causing Peter to gasp. The fact that her natural response to being hit was to stand and take it worried Natasha and she was quick to reassure her, feeling a sudden urge to keep the girl safe. Something very unusual for her. 

"Of course not. We are here to take you to your room" The assassin wanted to ask more questions about what had just happened but could see that Seven clearly didn't want to talk about it by the way she was staring down at her hoodie sleeves, avoiding eye contact. 

"My room? What do you mean" Seven had expected to be in the cell for a while and then kicked out back to the street, not being offered a room in the stark tower. 

"Tony is putting you on bedroom arrest" She stated before turning and walking out of the cell, both teenagers quickly following behind. 

"What does that mean?" Seven asked, wanting to know all the details of her new confinement.

"Well, Peter thinks that you would be much more comfortable in your own room" Seven smiled appreciatively at her friend who beamed back at her, just happy to help. "And Tony thinks that you may open up more if you aren't in the cell, and feel more relaxed." Seven frowned, she didn't exactly like Tony or want to open up to him, but was appreciative of his gesture, and staying in a bedroom in the Stark tower was one hundred percent better than the cold street. 

The trio eventually made it back to the top of the Stark Tower where all the bedrooms were and Natasha left the teenagers alone, instructing Peter to take Seven and show her to her room before leaving, still thinking about what had happened minutes earlier in the cell.