Chapter 16 - The facility

The quinjet was silent as they flew over the snowy Russian landscape. No one really felt like joking around considering they all knew how important this mission was to both Seven and Natasha, if they failed then it would take a toll on them both.

"Alright," Clint said, breaking the long silence, "We should be getting to the location in six minutes"

Steve stood up and cleared his throat, getting everyone's attention, "Okay guys listen up, we have three teams going in and one staying out, Clint, Bruce, and buck, you guys stay out and shoot any of the runners. Tony, Vis, and Sam are on watch, stay in the sky and feedback any action." 

Seven was anxious, for her first mission, she was just expecting to be on watch, not in there, fighting.

"Natasha, Thor, and I are on the lookout for Ivan, we are going to apprehend him and then bring him back to SHEILD for interrogation, Wanda, Peter, and Seven, you guys need to find the kids and get them out of there and onto the helicarrier ASAP, okay team?" Everyone nodded, understanding their jobs. "If all goes well then we can blow up the base after the kids are out and Ivan has been caught. Hopefully, we will be able to get as many HYDRA agents as possible but we may just have to blow it up with them inside. Keep comms on and stay prepared at all times"

The team walked away from steve and began getting ready, they were dropping in three minutes. Seven checked her suit, making sure her guns were safely in the holsters before tightening her ponytail and putting her hand to her neck, checking for the necklace. 

Saying she was terrified was an understatement, when she had escaped she had promised herself that she would do whatever it took to make sure she could rescue the other children in the facility but now she was here it seemed rather daunting, as if she would rather be anywhere else.

"You still remember the layout right?" Wanda asked, dragging Peter over so he could listen. 

"Yeah I'm pretty sure" She confirmed. "The communal room for the girls was always between the labs and the training gyms. That means that the boys would be on the other side of training, where we're landing." Wanda nodded her head before going to tell the others the layout so they were prepared.

"You okay?" Peter asked, concerned.

"Not really no" Seven said glumly, "But I will be after this".

Peter pulled her into a quick hug before pulling back, looking her in the eyes, "I believe in you Ven, you can do this"

Seven didn't say anything back but instead just smiled at him before going to grab her parachute, attaching it to her back. 

"You okay Nat?" Wanda asked Natasha, worried for her friend

"I'm just ready to blow this place up, and hopefully find her," She said, fiddling with her necklace. 

"One-minute guys" Clint yelled and the team lined up by the edge of the plane ready to jump. 

Seven stood next to Natasha, weirdly excited to be jumping out of a plane.

"Stay safe okay?" Natasha said to Seven as the ramp began to open, letting in cold and icy winds.

"I will" Seven confirmed, smiling at the assassin.

"See you in a minute," Natasha said before following Steve out of the Plane, jumping into the air. 

Thor and Wanda had already jumped so only Peter and Seven were left. "You ready?" Seven asked Peter, noticing his worried expression as he peered outside.