Chapter 49 - Cookies

A.N: Sorry this one is more of a filler chapter than anything else. I'm also sorry about how long it took me to finish. It was my first week of Year12 and it was a whole lot so I didn't have much time to write, plus the teachers are already giving a ton of homework. 

---------------------

When Seven walked back into the tower, she was alone again. Natasha had gone to her meeting with Fury. Seven looked briefly at her phone and sighed when she realised that Peter wouldn't be home for another two whole hours, she had a lot of time and not much to do.

Seven wandered deeper into the tower, sitting on the large couch and picking up the remote, but deciding that she wasn't in the mood to start watching something on her own. She stood up again and walked through to the kitchen, opening the fridge and looking inside. The avengers always had the best snacks, but she realised that she wasn't hungry and just bored.

Eventually, Seven put her hair up with the hairband on her wrist and stood in front of the sink. She propped her phone against the back wall, beneath the window and managed to find the camera app on her phone. 

She stood back and used the reflection in her camera to clean off the blood on her face. Now for the first time since the fight, she could see her reflection and she decided that overall, flash looked worse. She had a bruise forming on her jaw which was already looking pretty dark and another just underneath her eye from where Flash had hit his main punch. The cut on her cheek and bottom lip was bleeding earlier and had dried since she hadn't had a chance to clean it since.

She knew that if she wanted to then she could heal her injuries easily, and her face would be brand new but she had to go back to school tomorrow and would look insane if she came back without a scratch.

After she was done washing all of the dried blood from her face she had an idea and consequently went rummaging around the cupboards until she found a large bowl, weighing scales, and some spoons.

Seven lay all of her items out on the island after moving the fruit bowl and magazine that was on top and then she looked around for ingredients.

Even though she had lived here now for almost three months, she still was pretty unfamiliar with where some things were which is why it took her ten minutes to find the flour, sugar, butter, and many other ingredients.

Once she had washed her hands she pulled up a recipe for gingerbread cookies and began following it closely, making sure to get each measurement correct, if she was even one gram over she would use her spoon to correct it.

By the time she was rolling out the cookie dough with an extremely old rolling pin she found at the bottom of the cupboard, she had moved the scales and ingredients onto the counter behind her. When she was moving the bowl to put next to the sink she heard footsteps approaching. She checked her phone: 13:58 pm. It couldn't be Peter.

She stood very still as they walked through the living room and listened to the steps, it was a habit she hadn't been able to shake. 

The footsteps were light and not in a hurry. The person walked with a slight limp and Seven immediately knew who it was, she had been hurt in training on Friday. 

"Seven?" The Sokovian accent broke the silence as Wanda padded into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes as Seven finally put the bowl down.

"What are you doing home?" She continued, "It's only two. Are you sick?"

Seven turned to meet the other redhead's gaze, she was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie and her hair was down and slightly messy, as she was rubbing her eyes Seven realised she must've just woken from a nap.