Chapter 30 - Fake plants

A.N: I actually never thought I would get this far with this story. Originally I planned to write eighteen chapters and then maybe not even post it. If you've read this far and don't hate it then I appreciate you very much.  <3

--------------------

Natasha wandered down the dim hallway towards the kitchen but slowed down when she could see light coming from the living room. She came to a stop and stood at the doorway between the hallway and the living room and watched as her daughter danced directly in front of her, not even noticing her presence.

She saw herself in Seven, completely in her own world as she moved so gracefully, hitting every move with everything she had. Natasha felt herself tearing up as the dance ended and she noticed that Seven was zoning back in after dancing, just as she always does.

Before she could say anything the elevator dinged, making both teenagers jump and Seven immediately tensed up, watching the doors open. Natasha saw her relax when she realised it was just the team, one of which was very drunk.

After a minute Seven did a few more pirouettes for them and they left, walking into the kitchen so they could go back to their bedrooms, presumably to sleep.

 "You were really good by the way" Natasha heard Peter say,

"Oh, that wasn't that hard, to be honest, I could have been sharper on the turns" Seven replied and Natasha frowned, she realized Seven was being as hard on herself as she always had been, always striving to be as good as possible.

The difference was that Natasha never had anyone to reassure her, or even tell her that she was enough. She wouldn't let her daughter fall into the same self-deprecating spiral she had lived through.

"Oh come on Seven, that was amazing" Natasha stepped out from where she was watching and Seven and Peter immediately turned to face each other after seeing what Natasha was wearing. They communicated with their eyes, having a full non-verbal conversation before turning back to face Natasha.

"Were you watching me the whole time?" Seven asked nervously, they were told how much of an amazing dancer the black widow was and now that she knew that they were talking about her mother, she really didn't want to disappoint her.

"Yeah," Natasha shrugged, "I came to get water and I didn't want to interrupt you. You were seriously amazing, that was my favourite one too"

"The routine?" Seven asked

"Yeah, we did it when I was fourteen and I still remember it, as much as I hated it then it is incredible"

"I learned it two years ago but you know how it is, we aren't allowed to forget dance routines," Seven said and Natasha nodded, recalling that fact very clearly.

"Natasha?" Peter asked, "Isn't your bedroom that way?" He grinned and pointed to the kitchen.

"Yeah?" Natasha said slowly, not seeing his point.

"Oh yeah," Seven smiled, "Then why were you coming from that direction?" 

"I was just talking to Steve" She replied nonchalantly,

Seven glanced at Peter and they both widened their eyes before looking back. They both knew she was lying but she didn't know they knew she was lying.

"So why are you wearing his clothes?" Seven asked, cocking her head.

"Because someone forced Steve to spill wine all down me in a futile attempt to get us together" Natasha glared at Peter and he chuckled nervously under her intimidating look.