Chapter 43 - unlikely relationship advice

"I'm hungry" Seven turned to the boy whilst grabbing the remote and pausing the movie at the same time.

"Seven!" He protested, "you can't just pause it in the middle, this is the best part!"

"Pete you know I have no idea what's happening"

"But it's star wars! You were deprived of it all your childhood so we have to make up for it now" he argued and Seven watched in disbelief, she didn't understand his love for the film.

"I was deprived of a lot of things, I really don't think star wars is the most prominent of them all" She replied, "plus I'm hungry"

"Fine" he sighed, "You want ice cream?" 

"Oooo, yes" She nodded, "shall I go?"

"Bruce said no getting out of this bed until he gets back, and quite frankly I do not want an angry hulk on us" Peter reminded her.

"Oh yes, you're right. FRIDAY?"

"Yes miss Seven?" The AI filled the room,

"Could you please ask my mom to bring us some ice cream?" 

"Miss Romanoff is currently training" She replied, 

"Tony?" Peter asked,

"Boss is in the workshop, he asked not to be disturbed unless of an emergency, is this an emergency?"

"No" Seven sighed, "FRI is anyone in the kitchen?"

"Only Mr Rogers currently" She replied after a second.

"Okay perfect, can you ask him, please? If he isn't too busy" she said and FRIDAY didn't respond but they knew she had heard them.

A few minutes later the door swung open and Steve walked in, his hands full with ice cream in one and spoons and his water bottle in the other. 

"Ooo, thank you Steve" Seven took the ice cream from him and gave him a big smile before passing Peter a spoon and tearing the lid off of the ice cream.

"Wait, have you ever even had ice cream before?" Peter asked the girl,

"Well not Chocolate but we would get vanilla every few years when HYDRA killed someone really important or something massive happened, those were the best days in the facility." She seemed unphased by the words she was saying, only focused on spooning out some of the frozen ice cream.

"A-alright" Peter eyed her but shrugged when he realized she didn't seem to be affected by the memories she was talking about. 

"Sorry for making you come down here Steve" Seven apologized between scoops.

"Yeah, we would have gone but Bruce told us not to get up" Peter added.

"Don't worry about it kids, I was in the kitchen anyway" Steve responded,

"What are you doing now?" Peter asked as he grabbed the tub from Seven and shoved his spoon in.

"Training probably, I think Nat is already there" He replied nonchalantly.

Seven and peter stopped scooping ice cream to share a glance, Seven smirked and then nodded to Peter and he smiled knowingly.

Steve turned to leave, beginning to make his way back the way he came. "Alright well if that's all then-"

"I approve by the way" Steve was cut off mid-sentence by Seven, catching him completely off guard. He turned back slowly to face them, narrowing his eyes.