Chapter 52 - More than a crush

A.N: Hey guys! Here's another one. The weekend has brought with it a sudden burst of motivation so I'm running with it and using it as much as possible. So from that, I guess you get two chapters in two days. 

Sixth form is really kicking my ass rn and the homework is not very fun but I've been doing it as fast as possible so I have time for things I actually enjoy doing, like this. I also spent a lot of my time watching the new season of Sex Education and binge-watching all of superstore for the first time, I just finished it btw which makes me so sad. 

Anyway, I love writing about the little moments between when the big stuff happens because their personalities really develop and I can throw in little details and plot seeds like in this chapter. Thank you sm for reading <3

--------------------------

The next morning Seven woke up cold. Her duvet was clumped in a heap at the bottom of her bed and she assumed she had kicked it down there in her sleep. The windows outside were covered with frost, the air was cold and she fought back every urge to pull it back over her shoulders and fall back asleep until she spared a glance at her alarm clock which read 7:45, which meant she was already running forty-five minutes behind schedule. 

"Fuck's sake" She muttered as she leapt into the shower, slapping on body wash as fast as she could go. She rinsed her hair under the still warming up water and then lathered on both shampoo and conditioner at the same time, trying to save as much time as she could. 

When she stepped out of the shower the cold hit her again but much more intensely. Seven grabbed her towel and dried her body, using her powers to dry her hair as fast as possible so she could slip her jeans on and grab a hoodie and pull it over her head, while taking a quick glance at her clock again which read 7:55. She was supposed to be in the car in five minutes. 

She bolted down the hallway into the kitchen, her backpack slung over her right shoulder completely unzipped so she could throw her lunch in that Natasha had made for her. The room was completely empty as the team all had training at 8.05, which meant they were all getting ready and heading down for eight. She quickly grabbed a waffle from the cupboard and took a big, cold bite. There wasn't time for her to heat it up so this would have to do.

Just as she began to run to the elevator she remembered the samples on the island that she was required to bring, she was already on her teacher's last nerve and this would be the thing to drive her over the edge. 

'Ven, where are you?' The message popped up on her home screen from Peter, just underneath the big bold numbers that read 8:01 and Seven held the waffle between her teeth as she typed back a rushed reply.

'comineng, two minetss, forgrot smpals.' the scrambled words read and Seven hoped he would be able to decipher it.

She turned and ran back to the island, almost slamming into the figure that had entered while she was typing. "Sorry!" She yelled out as she narrowly missed them and reached the island. "What the hell?" She muttered, looking at what was only one zip lock bag that read 'Nat'.

She lifted the one bag up as if the other would magically be hiding underneath, which it was not. "No, no, no, no, no" She exclaimed as the bag was nowhere to be found.

"Are you okay?" The figure spoke and Seven turned at the sound of their voice.

"It's gone!" She said, frustrated. "It's-" She stopped to check her phone, "8:03 and I was supposed to be downstairs three minutes ago!"

"Oh, uh, have you looked everywhere?" He asked nervously, he didn't know what to do to make her less frantic.

"Yes, I've looked everywhere!" She said back, still looking around. "Wait," she paused, "can I use your hair?"