Chapter 31 - Exposed

"Miss Seven, I have been asked to inform you that you must be in the conference room in ten minutes." FRIDAY's voice cut through Seven's pleasant sleep, startling her awake.

She sat up and groaned. Looking at the clock she realized that it wasn't actually that early, she had just slept for an extremely long time. It was currently 12:50 pm which meant she had to be in the conference room for 1 which didn't give her enough time to even shower.

Seven mumbled to herself as she pulled the covers off of her warm body and swung her legs off the side of the bed before forcing herself to stand up.

Seven padded over to the end of her bed and stroked the dog's fur gently, careful not to wake him. She was already attached to the dog and it had only been a day. She patted his head lovingly a few times before turning around, figuring out she only had seven minutes to get ready.

 The warm July sun was shining through her large window, creating a bright spot on her floor which she happily stood in for a second, soaking up a few moments of sunlight before walking away into the bathroom, unphased by her limited time.

Seven washed her face with freezing water to wake herself up and brushed her teeth before throwing on a pair of baggy jeans and a crewneck and making her way out of her room, barely awake.

"Good morning lady Seven" Thor boomed as she walked through the doors, the sudden loud noise made her cringe before she merely waved back. Surprisingly she wasn't the last one there, Steve and Natasha's seats still empty.

This wasn't that noticeable for any of the other members of the team but Seven and Peter knew things the team didn't. Peter smiled at her as she sat down in her chair next to him before motioning subtlety to the empty chairs and raising an eyebrow.

Before Seven could reply with a similar facial movement, Steve and Natasha walked in and took their seats, not even attempting to give a reason why they were both a few minutes late. 

"Alright everyone, thank you for coming on short notice" Steve stood up and greeted everyone loudly, causing Tony to shush him immediately. 

Tony was wearing his signature accessory but today his sunglasses lenses were especially dark, protecting him from his hangover.

"Whoever decided to have a party the night before a meeting needs a reality check" Tony grumbled while massaging his temples.

"I'm pretty sure that was you" Clint interjected which only made Tony sigh.

"I don't get why we all have to be here anyway" Sam whined, "Most of us didn't even go on this mission"

"Fury said that it was important, to keep us informed and promote teamwork" Steve answered as if he was reciting from a teleprompter. Sam sank back into his chair and Steve continued, ignoring the quiet swearing from the opposite side of the table.

"Anyway, I have the mission summary folders here" He handed the brown folders to each of the members of the team that had gone on the mission, Peter, Seven, Tony and Nat each taking theirs and opening it.

The remaining team members sat in silence as the others read over their folders. They all had positive comments considering there were no casualties due to their efficiency. Seven was especially pleased with her 90% efficiency score and she closed the folder, turning to Peter.

"How'd you do?" She whispered quietly as some were still reading.

"93%" He replied, "You?"

"90%" She answered and Peter put his hand out so Seven could high five it very quietly.