Chapter 44 - bright neon orange

A.N: I don't quite know how I'm feeling about this one, I'm in some sort of writers block rn which sucks but I'm trying hard to just come up with some stuff based on the ideas that I have, (any that you may have I would love to hear about), but by no means am I stopping.

Since now in the UK they're vaccinating sixteen and seventeen-year-olds I got my Covid Vaccine today which I thought was pretty cool. I had to wait in the line for forever but now I have a cool sticker that says I got vaccinated on it, it didn't even hurt which was a nice benefit.

Anyway, here's whatever this is.

------------------

*One week later*

Seven and Peter had both recovered extremely quickly, Seven just needed to rest for the day and Peter had been on some pain relieving medicine that was engineered by Bruce so they would actually work, ibuprofen and Calpol wouldn't work like when he was a kid. 

Natasha and Steve were still keeping their relationship on the down-low but they were scheduled to go out for their date in a few days. 

The holidays were coming to an end and the early September air was crisp and slightly chilly, a whole new level of cold for Seven who had only ever been cold due to the lack of clothes she had access to in the facility. 

"Are you sure about going to school?" Natasha asked worriedly, "Because there is still time to pull you out" The three women were sat in Seven's room, Natasha and Wanda both reading, Natasha in Seven's desk chair and Wanda sat on the floor, the book in her lap. Seven was sat on her bed, leaning against the wall with her sketchpad in one hand and her pencil in the other. 

The three had taken to sitting quietly together, each immersed in their own world but enjoying the company, the rhythmic sound of the pages turning and pencil against the paper was calming. Occasionally Pepper would join them, either arranging her schedule in her large notepad or reading something Wanda or Natasha would lend to her. Seven enjoyed sketching Pepper, she always seemed so calm even though she was doing a million things at once for everyone. 

She had been halfway through sketching the two reading and she sighed as her mother broke the silence, startling Wanda and pulling Seven from her focused mood. 

"I'm sure about going, I don't know why you are so worried" She spoke, not putting her pencil down as she focused on the faces.

"I just want you to be safe, what's more safer than being at the tower with us?" 

"That sounds incredibly dull" Seven replied, "sorry Wanda" She looked up for a second to see the Sokovian smiling, her eyes still skimming the pages of pride and prejudice. She was currently into reading classics and had just finished reading Moby Dick.

"I know it isn't the most thrilling but Tony has the best security measures here and Ivan won't be able to get to you"

"Mom we don't even know if Ivan wants me or is even looking for me, plus this place always has a SHIELD agent crawling about, or FBI."

"I mean I guess you're right" Natasha sighed, "but still, Ivan's sneaky, he could-"

"Plus," Seven said, cutting her mother off from her rambling,  they're even bringing them here now as part of their training, who was that FBI intern who I met the other week? He seemed nice" She spoke half mindedly, still focusing on the shading of her piece.