Chapter 19 - The necklace

Seven burst into Peter's room, speaking frantically, "It'sGonePeterIDon'tKnowWhereItIsAndIThinkILostIt" She rambled before finally focusing, looking up.

Seven blushed as she took in what she was looking at. It was Peter in a towel, obviously just out of the shower. She decided not to focus on his abs and instead stare directly at his face, making it that much more awkward for the both of them.

"Woah, slow down. What have you lost?" He asked

"My necklace," She said, still focusing on looking solely at his face.

"You wear a necklace?" Peter asked, amused.

"Yes! Always, and I can't find it" She exclaimed frustrated.

"Okay okay, give me a second to get changed and then I'll help you look" He smiled before grabbing his clothes off his bed and heading back into his bathroom. Was she wearing his hoodie? 

Seven watched the door close before blushing even harder, she wasn't expecting to see Peter shirtless, even more shocked to see how physically fit he was. She shook the image of shirtless Peter out of her head just in time as he came out of the bathroom, giving her a sheepish smile.

"Okay, the necklace?" He said, waiting for her to elaborate.

"I ALWAYS wear it, I've had it all my life and it's really important to me. It's the only thing that I ever owned when I was kept at the facility" Seven explained quickly and Peter began thinking.

"When's the last time you remember wearing it?" He asked

"This morning before we got on the QuinJet. I put it on under my suit"

"Okay, well I'm sure it's here somewhere, let's retrace your steps" He offered and Seven nodded, "Where were you last?"

"The kitchen" She stated and Peter grabbed her hand, leading her out of his bedroom and back down the corridor she had just run down.

When the pair entered the kitchen, Tony and Pepper were still sat by the island, in conversation. "Pepper?" Peter questioned, "I didn't know you were back," the pair turned to look at the teenagers and Pepper smiled.

"Here's the real Peter" She joked and Seven laughed, Peter just confusingly looking between the two.

"Huh?" He questioned as he walked over to give her a hug but the pair both just shook their heads. 

"How have you been Pete? I heard that you did a good job on the mission today," She smiled at the boy.

"Good, We're learning about ionic bonding at school which is pretty boring because I already understand it all. Ned got a haircut which made his face look weird but now it's starting to grow back a bit which is good. I met Seven and we went on the super cool mission today, we helped get the kids out and neither of us got injured which was good" He rambled.

"Uhm, actually I got stabbed" Seven interrupted, smiling awkwardly.

"WHAT?" Peter yelled as he turned around to face her

"Yeah, Ivan threw a knife at me and it got lodged in my leg," She shrugged, Peter just shaking his head.

"Don't you need stitches?" Pepper asked in disbelief.

"Magic hands, remember honey" Tony reminded her.

"Oh yeah," She said, understanding.

"I was fine almost straight away though, not nearly as bad as what happened to Natasha," She said as she recalled earlier.