Chapter 59 - The red room

A.N: I have risen from the dead and produced another chapter. I wanted to apologise for being gone for so long so instead of capping it at 2,000 words this one is 11,674. I don't know what to think of it but I'm proud of myself for spitting it out over a three-day period.

 I Just wanted to say that my heart goes out to all the women (or anyone with a uterus) in America who is affected by revoking of roe vs wade. 

Healthcare should not be up for debate, it is a human right. This is appalling and I am devastated that we seem to be going backwards in time. I cannot imagine how any of you are feeling.

---------------------------

"Try again" Seven encouraged, lifting her palm to wipe the sweat off her forehead. She recognised the emotion on her opponent's face to be something between exhaustion and hatred, whether it was for her or the activity she did not know.

The teenager stood still as a small foot reached up to smack her hand, following through and knocking her hand back. Seven sighed and watched as the child sank to the floor, a grin painted on her face. 

"Ariadne" She poked the brunette with her shoe, causing the girl to roll away from her foot until she reached her mattress, reaching blindly for her small blanket, smile still evident. Seven snatched it off the floor and high into the air before Aria could grab it and Aria opened one eye to see the redheaded teenager towering over her, grey blanket in her hand. 

"I'm tired" she groaned, reaching up for the blanket as if Seven would have a change of heart and drop it down to her.

"And I'm Seven." 

Aria didn't laugh, she just continued to stare at the blanket wistfully. 

Clint and Sam would've laughed she thought to herself before shaking the thoughts out of her head. She wasn't allowing herself to think of those she considered family as she was a widow now, which was precisely why she couldn't be distracted. 

Thoughts like that were exactly why she needed to get out of this facility, and soon.  

She had thought of Peter's annoying optimism for days after they had been separated. As stupid as trying to break out of the red room was, she would rather be dead than be here so she had started wracking her brain for ways she could get out safely, she had done it before. So far she didn't have much.

"Come on Ariadne" Seven poked her again. Seven had decided to start calling Aria by her full name sometimes, to remind her who she was, knowing how easy it was to lose all identity to the grey prison they lived within. 

"Training is boring, I hate training. I like sleeping, sleeping is good." 

The child spoke with as much finality as possible, closing her eyes again and getting herself comfortable. Before she could doze off she felt two hands grab her forearms and pull her to her feet and her eyes snapped open, staring into Seven's green ones. 

"Look," Seven squatted so she was at eye level with the child, "I know it's hard, I know you want to give up and go to sleep," she recognised a glimmer of hope in Aria's eyes when she had mentioned sleep. "But you should train instead."

Aria groaned again, burying her head in her hands. 

"I will not force you" The week in the red room was beginning to draw out Seven's Russian accent. "But I encourage you to take my advice." The brunette's head rose at the more pensive tone. "This place will eat you alive Ariadne, if you do not want to die you must be the best, and the best keep training, even when they are tired."