Chapter 65 - Time

A.N. Okay so, bear with me as I think these next few chapters are gonna be a bit rocky as I have no plan, only a very vague idea of where I want to go. I hope you enjoy it anyway :)

————————————

APRIL 2015

When Peter had lost his parents he had been too young to truly process what that meant. Only that one day his Mom and Dad were tucking him into bed and making him dinner and the next they weren't. By the time he could understand what had happened to them he was past the point of grief, and his parents were fond memories he thought of occasionally.

When his aunt died he had been devastated and had blamed himself entirely but the team hadn't let him have a single moment alone, disputing every negative thought he had. They had helped him rebuild himself into someone he could recognise.

Now everyone was grieving. No one had thought to come and check on Peter because they all knew her the same amount barring Natasha. They were all grieving in their own ways which didn't involve him. So he was left to his own thoughts.

The compound was unfamiliar and cold and it took him three minutes to walk to the closest bedroom from his. He didn't know where anything was and he didn't have the energy to go find out.

No one was coming to find him and so he wasn't going to school. He hadn't even asked for his phone back yet.

Peter spent every morning visiting the cemetery on site, pulling on his pair of converse and a big hoodie before trudging over to sit by May and Seven's graves. He hadn't wanted to see his aunt as desperately as now since she died.

He would spend a while talking to Seven before walking back to his room before any of the other avengers could wake up and find him outside his room, the last thing he wanted was a conversation about his well-being.

He knew FRIDAY was giving Tony and Pepper updates on what he was doing as sometimes he would get a knock at his door and when he would answer it there would be a plate of food or a glass of water. He was never hungry enough to eat a meal.

Sometimes he would lie in bed and stare up at the ceiling, most days he would sleep and cry, and others we would watch Seven's favourite episodes of her favourite shows before he had to turn it off.

MAY 2015

It took a few weeks before the team started to come back together.

Nick Fury had arrived at the compound with Maria Hill to have a meeting with the Avengers only to find thirteen people who were completely uninvolved with each other.

He had told FRIDAY to get them all to come to the conference room for a meeting. It took Peter half an hour to even find the conference room, making him the last to arrive.

Fury acknowledged him when he walked in, hood up and eyes scanning the room. Peter had smiled back before making his way to the corner to find a spare seat.

Tony and Pepper were sat together at the front, Aria next to Pepper. Peter didn't blame her for looking worried, she didn't know the majority of the people in the room and they weren't making any introductions. He smiled at her when she caught his eye.

Bucky, Sam, Vision, Thor, and Bruce were engaging in some sort of conversation and they looked the best out of the lot.

Wanda was sat on her own and Peter sat next to her, neither of them saying anything to acknowledge each other. He was thankful for the lack of conversation.