Chapter 15 - Relief

The room was okay considering it was a pretty run-down area. They had water and electricity but as they walked in they realized that they had gotten one of the rooms with a double and a single bed which meant that two of them were going to have to share.

Seven immediately took her shoes off by the door and ran to the double bed without thinking, just desperate to get warm. She burrowed underneath the covers and wrapped herself up warm, just poking her head out in time to see Wanda and Natasha agreeing on something before Wanda walked over towards her, laughing at the sight of just her eyes and forehead being visible from above the covers.

"Looks like I'm sharing with you tonight Seven," Wanda said as she sat down next to her, Seven brought the covers down under her chin and smiled. "You don't starfish do you?" Wanda asked.

"Nope, a perk of sleeping on a small mattress on the floor all your life means that you don't tend to sleep very stretched out" Her words were intended to be a joke but considering the circumstance they came out sad and they hung in the air until Natasha re-entered the room from the bathroom, a stack of towels in her arms.

"We have towels so who wants to shower first?" Wanda stood up and took a towel off of the top of the pile. "I will" She closed the bathroom door behind her, plunging Natasha and Seven into an awkward silence.

Seven quickly pulled her bag up onto her lap and reached inside looking for her sketchbook and pencil case. It was the only thing she had actually packed that could entertain her, her bag being full of clothes and her weapons which she was careful not to grab.

She flipped through the book, looking at the drawings she had done over the last few days in her spare time, most pages half-finished, some pages even just having little notes she had written to remind herself of things she wanted to draw. 

The one she was currently working on was one that she had started on the quinjet before getting bored, it was of Steve and Natasha, both asleep only moments before Natasha had woken up and moved away, tired of people sleeping on her. 

She had begun to sketch the faces and their figures but as hard as she tried she still couldn't get Natasha's nose shape correct which is why she had stopped earlier, frustrated. Picking up her pencil she glanced up at Natasha who was sat in one of the opposite chairs facing her, reading a book, so she began sketching again.

Seven occasionally would look up for reference, making sure every detail was right before committing to putting it down on the page. Natasha could feel Seven glancing up at her every two minutes and she was beginning to get annoyed at the constant action. 

Seven looked up again, she was now drawing Natasha's hair that fell just onto her shoulders, pin-straight. She finished the last strand and pulled away, smiling at her work. Natasha's face was now recognizable but not complete and she had finished Steve's too, perfectly capturing the moment she had witnessed earlier, all she needed to do now was their bodies.

She looked up excitedly again at Natasha, ready to continue sketching and Natasha sighed, putting down her book.

"Will you stop doing that?" she asked irritated

"O-oh, sorry" Seven looked down again at her lap.

Suddenly Wanda's voice broke the silence making them both jump, "Woah Seven did you draw that? It's really good!" Seven immediately slammed the book shut and jumped up from where she was sat. 

"Uhm what? I'm gonna go take a shower now" She quickly grabbed her bag and a towel before darting into the bathroom and closing the door, cringing.