Chapter 78 - for the window.

A.N: I would like to start off with an apology. I literally dropped off the face of the earth and haven't given you guys anything in like three months, and for that I am very sorry. Hopefully that will not be happening again any time soon. 

Also, this story is currently at 1.05 million reads, which has me completely mind boggled. I appreciate every single read and like, and I read every comment you guys leave me. This is so insane and I'm still in shock about it. So thank you so much for reading, it means so much. 

This chapter is more of a filler as I figured out where I want the story to go and needed something not so serious to break the writer's block that's had me in a chokehold. More exciting things coming, promise. :)

----------------------------

"Another success!" Anya announced as she swung open the door to their little New York apartment, making Viktoria jump. Sophia peered up at them from her book and smiled at the youngest widow who looked like she was about to drop dead on the floor.

"We really are very good," Vik agreed while rushing over to grab some of the bags from her teammates.

Seven was ready to collapse into bed and die, but apparently they all wanted to have a catch up, and Anya had pulled her towards the table as soon as she caught her glancing at the hallway. She silently slid into a seat next to Sophia and rested her head against the cool wood.

"Seven?" Vik asked a few minutes later and the teenager lifted her head to meet her eyes.

"Hmm?" She wasn't sure if she had dozed off or what. Her body was so sore and she was really missing her powers right about now.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Side hurts, Yelena." She mumbled out.

"Yelena what?" Sophia looked at the other blonde.

"Yelena shot her." Anya finished. Seven would've sent her a thankful glance if she had been physically able to.

"What?!" Both of the widows that hadn't been on the mission shot Yelena a look.

Yelena began to explain but it didn't matter, Seven had already crawled onto the ground and curled up under the table like a small dog, too tired to make the trip down the hall. The voices of her teammates lulled her to sleep. 

The avengers exited their meeting hours later with a new sense of determination. Tony and Bruce immediately headed to Tony's lab, red vial grasped in the older man's hand. 

Natasha's first priority was getting out of the slip dress that she was still wearing, even though it was dirty and probably didn't smell very nice. The windows indicated that it was early evening and Natasha was so tired.

Maria trailed her in silence, both too exhausted to say anything after being awake for roughly thirty hours. Her head was full of thoughts though and she was quietly frustrated as she couldn't form a coherent sentence to speak. 

They reached Natasha's door and the redhead pushed it open, holding it open for the brunette before closing it again with a slight click. 

Natasha stared at her for a moment. "I can feel your thoughts." She said after a moment. "What are you thinking?"

"I don't know." Maria muttered, "I'm just so confused."

"Is that why you dropped my hand earlier?" Natasha quirked a brow and folded her arms protectively over her chest. Her tone wasn't accusatory but it had a slight edge, Natasha still not used to talking about her feelings.