Chapter 47 - "Ned wants to know your star sign"

A.N: Something I needed to quickly address before you read this chapter.

MJ and Ned don't know about Seven before this school day, so Peter hasn't talked about her at all to them about her over the summer.

-------------------------

When Seven finally finished her shower and changed back into her jeans and hoodie the changing rooms were still completely empty which meant she had to talk to no one.

She slid the backpack back onto her shoulder and met up with Peter in the hallway who seemed pretty excited to be able to go to lunch early where there wouldn't be any lines for the food and he would get to choose the table he liked to sit at without any competition.

The cafeteria was different from the rest of the school. Empty and the walls being pretty plain except the odd food nutrient poster made it contrast the bright and colourful murals she had seen earlier. She guessed that when the room was bursting with hungry students it would be a different story and soon she would come to see she was correct. 

"You've got lunch already?" Seven nodded, "Okay, go sit over there and I'll get food," Peter said before pointing to a very specific table in the corner of the room. 

As she chose a seat around the table Seven could see exactly why Peter had chosen this table and favoured it. It wasn't surrounded by other tables which made it a whole lot less claustrophobic, two sides were pushed against the back walls. 

The table also was just underneath one of the large windows that filled the cafeteria walls, the bright, early September rays poured through the window but didn't hit the table, instead covering the table closest to her right. They got the warmth from the sun without being blinded and scorched by what was the last dozen days of sun. 

When Peter sat down opposite her she noticed something she hadn't before and she leaned over the table and took his chin in her hand and scanned his face, Peter shrunk under her intense stare. 

"You know you look just like Nat when you stare at me that intensely" Peter joked but she didn't laugh with him.

"Your lip, it's got a massive cut over it and is pretty swollen" She ran her finger over the cut until she realised exactly what she was doing and removed her finger, leaving her hand grasping his chin. From what she knew about Peter she knew that it had probably been a lot worse fifteen minutes ago and was already beginning to heal. "And your cheek too" A smaller gash ran from the top of his cheekbone to the end of his nose, "What happened?"

"I tripped and fell" he offered meekly, "I'm more clumsy than you would think"

"Right onto a razor blade? Surely falling onto the floor wouldn't do this" She asked doubtfully.

"Uh no, I fell and whacked my head on the edge of the changing benches" 

"Fine, but be more careful" She released his face as students began to filter into the cafeteria from different doors, she knew there was more to the story but couldn't quite figure out what.

"I'll have healed by the time we get home, it's nothing major" He shrugged but before she could reply she was cut off by a voice from earlier.

"Dude! You got the corner table?" Ned exclaimed as he sat down next to his friend and they began doing some complicated celebratory handshake. 

Seven looked behind the two boys to where a girl was walking quite slowly, her eyes scanning the pages of the book she held in her hands, Seven couldn't read the name from here. She thought the brown-haired reading girl would walk straight by them right until the moment where she sat down next to Seven, not even noticing the red-haired girl's presence.