Chapter 35 - Red Room facility

A.N: So I didn't realise that this one was going to be so long, I started writing and couldn't stop so I guess it just ended up being super long. This chapter delves more into her past in the Red Room so it's all like one big flashback, I hope it isn't boring.

--------------------------

Red Room facility 
Russia

Subject Seven
Age 6

Seven had grown used to the handcuffs that dug into her wrists while she slept. After six long years at the facility, the child had found a comfortable sleeping position that limited the bleeding and pain. 

Seven was an intelligent child, she knew she was different from the other girls. They came in with stories of their families, they cried at night as they missed their mothers but Seven had no one. She presumed that once in her lifetime she had a mother but then again how could she be sure, loneliness was all she'd ever known.

Seven had stopped crying years ago, she actually couldn't remember the last time she shed a single tear. She never went against the orders of the Red Room or the people running it, she knew to never doubt the orders given to her in fear of punishment so she never questioned anything, following blindly.

Perhaps she knew that what she was doing every day wasn't morally correct but in the Red Room it was kill or be killed, and Seven wasn't going to be killed. 

Her life at six years old was the same routine, they were woken at six-thirty by the guards and were left for five minutes to change into their day clothes, the ones they had for training and dance. Then the guards would return and drag them from their room, taking them to train for three hours before they were allowed to eat anything. When they did eat it was normally a bread roll in the morning and then chicken and potatoes for dinner. If you disobeyed then you wouldn't eat and then you were more susceptible to death, another reason for Seven to comply.

There were no windows anywhere in the facility but Seven's body clock had adjusted which meant she usually woke up around six am, waiting glumly for the guards to barge in and start off her day the same way it always began. 

The six-year-old was staring at the ceiling when the guards barged in. The door slid open and five men entered, yelling at them to wake up. Seven knew what to do, if she remained laying down then she would be dragged from the bed which hurt like hell so she sat up and held out her arm so the guard could unlock the handcuff, shoving the key inside and grabbing it off her wrist, letting it fall and clang against the metal bed frame.

Seven stood instantly, she pulled her leotard and shorts from underneath her bed and waited for the door to close again so she could change. 

A few minutes later the guards stormed in again and Seven was grabbed by the arm and pulled out first, walking as fast as her small feet could accommodate so she wouldn't fall.

"Where are we going?" Seven asked curiously as the man lead her down a different hallway than usual.

She was met with a grunt and a menacing glare as he stared down at her, his piercing grey eyes filled with hatred and disgust. The guard let go of one of her arms and used his own to punch her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her and she gasped for air, inhaling sharply.