Chapter 75 - "Blondes have the most fun"

Barcelona was hot. That was what Seven was realizing as they walked into their hotel. She was sticky and tired, but she was also one of Dreykov's widows, she was born for this. 

Seven watched as Anya spoke fluently to the person working and she followed silently as she lead them upstairs to a set of rooms. Seven scanned the hotel for exits and possible weapons, Yelena was doing the same. 

Anya thanked the woman and the three watched until she was completely out of sight before pushing the door open. They scanned in silence; beds, sheets, under the sink, behind the curtains, the wardrobe, the glasses, checking the seal of the sugar packets. Only when they were content with the security of the room did they even think about opening their mouths. 

"Okay so Yelena and I are in here," Anya said, pointing to the two double beds. The room was big enough for them all to sleep in here, including the two members of their team who weren't present but if they had more space they were definitely not going to give it up. 

Seven just nodded, waiting for an order about where she would be sleeping. "You're through there." Anya pointed and Seven nodded, too groggy to say anything. 

Seven pushed the door open and slipped inside, checking once again for bugs. She sighed contently and sat down on the bed, rubbing her knees. The room was much smaller than the one she had just come from, intended to be for a kid smaller than her. She didn't mind though, it had been a while since she had had time alone. It had a conjoining bathroom, a window, a small desk, and her single bed. 

She decided to take a shower in her bathroom, ignoring the paper and crayons that the staff had placed on the counter top beside her window. She didn't know whether to be offended or not that she was expected to use them.

"Hey," She greeted, hair wet. The shower had been cold so despite the grounding comfort it brought her she hadn't spent long underneath the water, not trying to catch a cold. 

Yelena tossed her the mission file and Seven's eyes scanned the file. She groaned and slammed it shut, tossing it back. "I'm the scapegoat?" She asked, feeling once again demeaned. 

"Yep," Yelena showed no empathy, "One of us has to do it." 

"Why can't you?" She badgered, pouting. 

"Because no one would want to cover up this natural beauty." She pointed to her own face, "Plus reporters are boring, and my aim is the best." She laughed and Seven grimaced, she knew that Yelena was only joking and that any of them could play her role easily. Nevertheless she was still annoyed, if she was going to play the part of the ditzy reporter then she was going to be the best ditzy reporter anyone had ever seen.

"Stop goading her Yelena." Anya warned from where she was sat in the corner, reading her own book. "I can make you the scapegoat if I want." 

Yelena shut her mouth and Seven stuck out her tongue. "Yeah Fanny, better listen." 

"Oi," Anya warned and Seven stopped too, sensing here 'no nonsense' tone.

"What do we do now?" Seven sprawled, forcing her legs into Yelena's lap who allowed them to stay there, amused. 

"We wait until we're needed." Seven exchanged a look with Yelena and they both agreed that this was dull. 

Natasha loved the warmth that Spain provided. She soaked up the sunlight as she stepped off of the quinjet. She was the only one who seemed not to mind as the sun beat down, Wanda's persistent habit of only wearing black biting her in the ass. Maria was all around mellow, having said a total of four words since they left the compound mere hours ago.